ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2004, 10:00 AM   #61
Avalon

Dear Weissenflatz,
I don't think we will be hearing from miss llona for while; but hold that thought. She may be suffering from "foot-in-mouth" disorder and choose not to post for a few weeks.

thankyou,
the ze-channel investigative team
(watch her come back today and make a liar our me hahaha)
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:11 AM   #62
chuckie egg
a peach

haha! Ilonaaaaa!!! Where aaaree yooooou?!

chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:07 PM   #63
Ilona
monkey

Oh I didnt need to write papers on the comp so I wasnt totally bored hanging out on messages boards which I kinda dislike but when you are bored you are bored...

Anywayz the LoL thing I had it from people on www.tlhs.org they had "real" prove or whatever, but frankly I dont give a crap about the subject anymore.

Jeroen??? waarom jij nederlands praten doen.
Ilona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:48 PM   #64
Spicy Jack
Brains! Brains!

This is what the website (TLHS) states about LOL:
(they sound a little cooky to me)

Shall I donate my hair to Locks of Love?

Locks of Love is a charity organization, which collects human hair to create wigs for cancer patients.
So far a noble idea. However during long lasting discussions and research activities of our members, LoL did not get out of the game in such noble fashion. It is said that the performance of the organization is not as good as one would like to, in fact it is said that they gathered much more pony tails than wigs manufactured. I would highly recommend to give a donation a second thought, to keep the hair and better donate money to a charity you know well enough.

Please follow as well this link(http://www.give.org/reports/care2_dyn.asp?733), a report from the Better Business Bureau. Read as well this text coming from a member of ETLHS, nicely written together:

We disapprove of Locks of Love because:

- Their stated purpose is to make wigs for alopecia sufferers, but news stories and talk shows say the wigs are for children with cancer who lose their hair to chemo. This gets more human interest from their audiences. But chemo patients are generally better served medically and functionally with synthetic wigs, and many are more comfortable with turbans or caps. Most children with cancer prefer not to wear wigs. The organization seems to make no effort to correct the misconception about who gets the wigs.

- They make far fewer wigs than the number of ponytails they collect would supply, and seem to have no valid explanation for this disparity.

- The Better Business Bureau has found them not to be totally compliant in following proper procedures for administering a charity.

- Locks of Love has publicly acknowledged that they have ample supplies of hair, but they make no effort to switch their solicitations to cash rather than more hair. All they seem to want is for more and more people to cut off their hair. This seems to be much more important to the press, the organization, and its proponents than the wig making.

- Television and print media is constantly showing long haired women being shorn. They show all this cutting, and only rarely anything about the wig recipients. It suggests that long hair has no value to its wearer except as something to be chopped off. Although there are obviously many people who adore seeing hair chop events, many other people LOVE seeing long hair like mine. My hair gives pleasure to me and to others who see it and DOES serve a worthy purpose being on my head. You should hear the women in my aunt's nursing home admiring my hair. It gives them a lot of happiness to see it.

- Most of the donated hair does NOT wind up on a child's head. It is sold to commercial wigmakers who are selling their wigs to models, celebrities, etc., or sits in a warehouse.

- Thousands of long haired women are nagged by both well-meaning and mean-spirited people that they should give up hair they love in the name of this charity. This is just plain rude. Why aren't they giving their car away to a poor person, giving their home away to a homeless person, or selling their jewelry and other possessions to donate the cash to the less fortunate? To women on this site, it is NOT just hair, just as a to a car aficionado their automobile is not just a car that is disposable. Generally, our hair means more to us than it would mean to Locks of Love's intended recipients.

Other regulars on this site will be able to post with more specific details on these reasons. I hope you understand our positions and will not hold them against us.
Spicy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:13 PM   #65
catbelly
monkey

Quote:
Although there are obviously many people who adore seeing hair chop events, many other people LOVE seeing long hair like mine. My hair gives pleasure to me and to others who see it and DOES serve a worthy purpose being on my head. You should hear the women in my aunt's nursing home admiring my hair. It gives them a lot of happiness to see it.
I feel like I have a special purpose now. My long hair is creating goodwill for mankind! I am truly a special person for allowing my hair to grow long and strong, and anyone who is involved in any pursuit that involves women getting their hair cut is a TOOL OF THE MAN!!

Heh!!

It seems from other posts (funkytuba's, I think?) that there may be real concerns about the charity - like non-compliance with filing requirements. I wouldn't feel comfortable supporting an organization that wasn't organized enough to deal with its legal filing requirements, because how efficient would they be with my donation? Probably not very!

I don't like the comments from TLHS because they are clearly just opinion and (like the one above) irrelevant to whether the charity is doing good work.
catbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:58 AM   #66
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

As a former employee of the cancer society, I just wanted to say they will not take your hair. They will refer you to Locks of Love.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 04:15 AM   #67
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I have a box with 5 long ass pony tails of human hair in it...don't ask.........

I am gonna email them and see if they want em.........

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 04:26 AM   #68
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by zenbabe
I have a box with 5 long ass pony tails of human hair in it...don't ask.........
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
Old 04-17-2004, 08:54 AM   #69
Willow Sylph
monkey

I found this through the long hair website.
a) What in the hell was he thinking?!

b) If this dude is that hairy upstairs, what sort of evil must be lurking downstairs?!
Mike

and c) What in holy hell is this guy talking about?!
"Here is an interview I conducted with Mike - "As far as hair care tips are concerned: Be gentle, always handle your hair in the same manner you would a young, fragile, shivering little bunny.
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:56 AM   #70
Willow Sylph
monkey

Very important tip: if you want to grow your hair freakishly long, always treat your hair like a fragile, shivering bunny...
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 10:55 AM   #71
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

Wow! That's just how I handle those other parts! Screw the hair!
Audreyvgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 02:31 PM   #72
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
Originally posted by Willow Sylph
b) If this dude is that hairy upstairs, what sort of evil must be lurking downstairs?!
I'm too tired to laugh now but I will be laughing hysterically at this later; the mental pic of the guys you posted w/ZZ Top pubic hair is just too funny.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:59 PM   #73
zenbabe
Lollypop!

ill

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 12:49 AM   #74
Magpie
Wishing on a pickle.

That is the mullet from hell.
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:28 AM   #75
weissenflatz
It's just words I write

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilona
Oh I didnt need to write papers on the comp so I wasnt totally bored hanging out on messages boards which I kinda dislike but when you are bored you are bored...

Anywayz the LoL thing I had it from people on www.tlhs.org they had "real" prove or whatever, but frankly I dont give a crap about the subject anymore.

Jeroen??? waarom jij nederlands praten doen.
Because I am Dutch...
weissenflatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: