ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2004, 04:48 PM   #16
JesusTitties

i dont care for her music, but i view her as a single widowed mother - regardless of her career, that is a difficult stigma.
JesusTitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:16 PM   #17
Ilona
monkey

Re: Courtney Love

Quote:
Originally posted by priceyfatprude
...has big fake lips now.

...is a fvcking whore.

...drove a man to a very early grave. RIP Kurt

Your thoughts?
Why care?
Ilona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 06:53 PM   #18
catbelly
monkey

Re: Re: Courtney Love

Quote:
Originally posted by Ilona
Why care?

why not?
catbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:25 PM   #19
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

She actually strikes me as "little girl lost" ... imagine your husband killed himself at the height of a very "up" time -- his career was at its peak.

Now imagine you have addiction problems that you "learned" while with your deceased husband. Grief doesn't give the strength to beat those addictions, it just further fuels it as a means to escape the pain.

Now imagine people start speculating that you actually killed your husband, because dealing with the grief and loss of suicide isn't enough for the public. Even if she knows it's not the truth, I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to hear that.

Now imagine you have a one year old child and you're all alone suddenly.

I see her doing crazed stuff. I cringe when I see it. I don't have any particular affection for her, but I can see how her addictions to drugs and the public pressure via the media over the suicide/murder speculation -- and the loss of her husband/best friend -- would lead her on a merry path to destruction.

That's basically what we're seeing with her -- a woman who's trying to self destruct. Her being naked in a McDonalds in Union Square and letting strangers suck her boobs was a clear indication of how out of control she really is.

I feel sorry for her. I hope she gets some help.

I also feel sorry for Francis Bean. She's the innocent in this mix and doesn't deserve it.

Love needs therapy and a detox program to work through the issues she so painfully carries on her sleeve for all the world to see.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:33 PM   #20
Spicy Jack
Brains! Brains!

Quote:
Love needs therapy and a detox program to work through the issues she so painfully carries on her sleeve for all the world to see.
Taking that quote out of context works pretty well!
Spicy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:47 PM   #21
catbelly
monkey

Poetic!
catbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:24 AM   #22
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Courtney was a junkie long before kurt blew his brains out...you would think having a child would straighten her out...but it seems like the drugs are more important. She is a junked out whore with no artistic merit other than playing herself as a drugged out whore.....

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:41 AM   #23
Red Princess
thread soiler

i agree with nyc on this one. i cannot imagine being where she is. i have felt the harsh judgement of others but nothing that even apporoaches the distain that is heaped on courtney love. i cannot begin to imagine what that would feel like on top of all her other obvious issues. i feel deeply sorry for her.
Old 04-17-2004, 03:41 AM   #24
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

I feel those things, too. But that doesn't mean I want to see her on my TV.

Seriously, I know she didn't pull the trigger. Kurt couldn't handle his fame and chose the easy way out.

And I did like that one song she had that was in the first American Pie movie. They lyrics were awesome, 'You want a piece of me. But I'm not selling cheap.'

I think people (me included) would leave her alone more if she cleaned herself up & set a better example for that poor daughter of hers (who is the spitting image of her father, hauntingly so at times).
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:47 AM   #25
zenbabe
Lollypop!

If she wasn't a celebrity..she would have been locked up long ago and would never be able to see her child ever again......

junk is as junk does..........

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:03 AM   #26
Willow Sylph
monkey

Quote:
If she wasn't a celebrity..she would have been locked up long ago and would never be able to see her child ever again......
I totally concur.

And any "stigma" that lies on Courtney has been self-induced and perpetuated.
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:11 PM   #27
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist

Courtney is a self-involved, immature, solipsistic, narcissistic showoff, with severe psychological problems and a nasty attitude. It's not my call, but if I had to make it I'd say she's a psychopath. She is also an alcoholic and an addict who refuses to address any of her problems.

To add to reasons I dislike her, she's responsible for a fatherless child, who has only her in this world, and she will not step up to the plate.

Not that any of this means she isn't an artist. I am in full agreement that some of our best artists may well have been among the most reprehensible of human beings.

But she can't carry a tune in a fvcking bucket, she can't write a song that will stand on its own, her juicing and whoring have made her looks start to go bye-bye and she can't be bothered to keep any kind of style or image but unbathed streetwalker, she's difficult, undependable and rude (which is sometimes excused if the talent is there, but I defy anybody to produce evidence of Courtney's talent), and I'll bet it would be very hard to find anybody who would so much as listen to her audition if she hadn't been married to Kurt Cobain. THAT'S why I don't consider her an artist. She is a poseur, and an annoying one at that.

I listen to music and watch performances to be entertained, educated, enlightened or in some way changed. Even if I dislike the artist or the style, if it is original and carries a message, I try to be open-minded. Seeing her, I'm just disgusted. Artists carry their own weight; they don't hide behind someone else's work and then call themselves "artists", and they don't confuse bad behavior with art.

And it isn't jealousy. I wouldn't scare horses with my looks, and I am even paid occasionally for stuff I create. But when acting like a complete bitch is recognized as great and timeless art, I expect to get a lot richer, real fast. However, like all great artists, I will probably die penniless, a true bitch unrecognized until after her time.
sparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:15 PM   #28
sparticle
Conspiracy Theorist

And it isn't that I hate Courtney as a human being. But I think "misunderstood" is bullcrap. If she has problems, she should get help for them. Otherwise, she's just poking herself in the eye and asking for pity. It gets old with a five-year-old; it's disgusting in an adult.

I've been "misunderstood" myself, and until I was willing to start treating other people like human beings, take responsibility for the care of my children and take myself out of the center of the universe, my life sucked.

Anyway. That's way more than enough out of me.
sparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:21 PM   #29
topcat
monkey

everybody read all the posts in here and then go straight to the dalai lama thread. we all are so quick to judge, me included
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:29 PM   #30
nycwriters
Stuck in T.O.

What she/he said.
nycwriters is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: