ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-24-2003, 02:47 AM   #1
ibbity

door knockers

I dont think anyone should have to prove anything to anyone, and that is why the world is in the state we are in today. People seem to have it in their heads that we should all be the same...which is never going to happen.
everyone has the right to believe in what they like... so long as they aren't harming anyone or trying to force their beliefs on others.
what shits me to tears are those bloody mormans, adventists and what-ever-else's that feel the need to knock on your door and intrude on your space to tell you how great their god is.

I ask...if it's so great...then why isn't everyone following you? and why do you feel the need to "sell" it to me??
ibbity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 02:50 AM   #2
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Hi

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 10:42 AM   #3
TinaBina
Mooooooooo

The Jehovah's Witnesses knocked on our door for the first time ever a couple weeks ago.

I wasn't in the mood for a spiritual in-person infomercial.

They stayed at our door for ten minutes.

We peeked out the window for ten minutes.

Boy, are they tenacious.
TinaBina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 12:49 PM   #4
fodder

yesterday, these two broads came up to me at the bus stop and said, "do you think world peace is possible by our government or is something that can only be attained if our higher god allows it"

they were wearing flower print dresses and smiled at me when i said to please leave me alone
Old 10-24-2003, 02:39 PM   #5
TinaBina
Mooooooooo

My encounters have been odd, too

once at a grocery store, over cantaloupes, a woman began to talk to me about produce and what not - which was very nice, and then out of nowhere invited me to her church... which seemed strange to ask while I was squeezing melons.

Then another time I got rear ended. There was no damage and the woman felt awful. Then she invited me to pray with her at her church too! One of those Bump N Recruit schemes I guess!

I think it's great that they are so excited about something that they want to share it with everyone, but there's gotta be a less bothersome approach.
TinaBina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 03:05 PM   #6
SuperCaliFragil
monkey

I guess we got paper trained Jehovees out here or something.
I get an older couple who show up at my door about once every three or four months (probably my bad because I felt chatty and I debated the need for religion with them on their first visit...sorta like feeding trolls...see antimatter thread...lol) . I reassure them that I am still an atheist and have no need of their services. They smile and go away for another 3-4 months.
Kind of reassuring in a way.
lol.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:09 PM   #7
rmr

Quote:
Originally posted by fodder
yesterday, these two broads came up to me at the bus stop and said, "do you think world peace is possible by our government or is something that can only be attained if our higher god allows it"

they were wearing flower print dresses and smiled at me when i said to please leave me alone

fodder.......that reminded me of the film slacker.........
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 05:04 PM   #8
fodder

haha what the fvk:

[Posted Friday, October 24th, 2003 04:00:00 Pitchfork Central Time]

Ashford Tucker reports:
According to the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the little pale man with the symbol name who I think goes by Prince again has taken to door-to-door evangelism. A Jehovah's Witness since at least 2001, when he declared his new faith to the world in a magazine interview, the silly little musical genius apparently yapped his way into a Jewish household on October 5th during the Falcons-Vikings game. Having never actually been to the Twin Cities, I imagine people in Minneapolis probably spend their autumn Sundays either (a) debating how to say "I love you" to Paul Westerberg's answering machine or (b) peering across bratwursts at the Vikings game. The woman, who refused to give the newspaper a name beyond "Rochelle," seems to have been of the latter persuasion.

I'll let Rochelle tell it: "This is Sunday about 2 o'clock. And it's the night of Yom Kippur. My first thought is 'Cool, cool, cool. He wants to use my house for a set. I'm glad! Demolish the whole thing! Start over!' Then they start in on this Jehovah's Witnesses stuff."

Rochelle told the reporter that she remembered thinking about the Vikings having possession of the football, but remained polite. Prince and his companion, who identified himself as Larry Graham (formerly of Sly and the Family Stone and his own Graham Central Station), stuck around the house blabbering for what Rochelle approximated to be 25 minutes, then cut his losses and left a pamphlet. The pair then reportedly got into a large black truck and drove away from the house.

Bizarrely, His Purpleness did not appear to be interested in any other homes in Rochelle's Eden Prairie neighborhood. "They go door-to-door," Prince's intended candidate for salvation told the paper. "Walking. He wasn't walking. He was driving."

.: Prince: http://www.npgmusicclub.com
.: Jehovah's Witnesses: http://www.watchtower.org
.: Minneapolis Star-Tribune: http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4148286.html

courtesy of pitchforkmedia.com
Old 10-26-2003, 05:28 AM   #9
Magpie
Wishing on a pickle.

Many years ago, upon seeing a pair of JW's on the way up to our door... My ex-husb stripped down completely naked, opened the door and very casually and calmly greeted them, "Good Morning Ladies!". The JW's slowly backed up, turned and left without a word. We never had another JW visitor at that house.

Visual Aid: Ex-husb - 6'2" very dark, well hung, long black hair to wait Native American male.

Hmmmm, guess we didn't qualify?
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 12:51 PM   #10
rmr

Ok....this is an old post of mine, but it's about my last encounter the J.W.'s. I didn't know how to link it up so i just cut and pasted it.......I don't really like the J.W.'s.......

"Ok my turn to babble.....so I go out for my daily pilgrimage for two 2 liters of diet coke, smokes and today I decided I was going to splurge and get a can of Pringles to go with the tuna salad sandwich I was planning on making for lunch.

So I'm walking down the street and I see a cluster of people, maybe five or six and I immediately become suspicious. You see this is a residential street and it's not often that you see a group of woman dressed in ankle length skirts with one man (who I admit at first I was trying to check out and see if he was cute, I was trying to justify the fact that maybe those woman were all his co-workers and that he was really single, but hell that's another topic). I've got my sunglasses on so I'm feeling good about the fact I can stare right at them. The thing that pisses me off in hind-sight is how could I have been so dumb. I keep walking towards them and as we (Simon and I) are about to pass them and I figure out what's REALLY going on here. Simon tries to stick his damn nose up one of the ladies ankle skirts and I have to stop. Yep, you know the dialogue:

*big smile*

Lady: Do you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior?

Me: Funny you should ask that because the Christ dude and I had a great conversation this morning (smiles on their faces are getting bigger) and he told me to beware of anyone bearing false witness today. He said to be on the lookout for ladies in long skirts who would try to turn me against him. (smiles fading). Actually have you ever read "footprints in the sand", well you see Jesus is carrying me right now and you are invading our personal space so please step away.

Lady: Can we give you this booklet to read? It has all the answers of how to end war and terrorism. You look like someone who would like to end terrorism (now what is that supposed mean? I mean how does one look when the want to start terrorism?)

Me: Hold on, Jesus is telling me something right now. "I'm sorry, yes, ok" Jesus just told me he's getting tired of holding me and we must move along.

Lady: Are you ok? Do you have some sort of problem?

Me: Yes, come on Simon Jesus wants to go to White Hen!!

Then I get to White Hen and there's some weird guy looking over at me. He's at in the Dairy area and I'm at the cashier trying to make a clean getaway. I ask the cashier for two bags and I make the mistake of saying I need the two bags because I am walking. So the guy comes over and asks where I'm going and if I'd like a ride.

I tell him "pretty much, ummmm, I don't think so".....and then I raced home as fast as my little feet, or shall I say Jesus' feet could carry me.

I'm a little bit afraid of the world today. It's not the news that scares me....it's my neighbors."
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: