ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2003, 02:55 AM   #1
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Do you think I should write a letter?

So, as you all know, there is a strike going on with the major Grocery stores. As it happens, the grocery store I shop at is a family owned place, so they are totally packed with shoppers now.

So we are looking for a parking spot and the place is totally packed. We finally find one, only it is marked '5 minute parking" But it doesnt specify that only customers of the water store are allowed to park there. (the water store sells water and those sparklets type stands you have in your kitchen)

So we know we are going to be more than 5 minutes, but whatever right?

We are in the store for about 40 minutes and are walking back to the car and I see this tough guy standing out in front of the water store. I didn't think to much of it except that he was standing there with his arms crossed and just glaring at us, he is wearing a wife beater and his left arm and shoulder are one big tattoo, and he is sporting shades and a goatee...you know the type.

So we put our things in the trunk and I walk around to get in and notice a sticky note on my door, it said "5 MINUTE PARKING!!!!" and the pre-printed sticky note had a smiley face and "have a nice day" on the bottem. So I take it off and get in and Jeremy notices that there is one on the windshield in front of the drivers side. So he gets out and takes it off.

He then sticks it on my forhead. The scary water store guy is still glaring at us.

So we start to back out, and as we are pulling away, scary water store guy yells at the top of his lungs "FVCK YOU!!!!"

So naturally I give him the bird. This is where it gets funky...Jeremy goes "did you just flip that guy off"....um yeah...

Scary water store guy is now chasing us...so J stops and gets out and is like wtf? SWSG starts yelling about how that spot is for customers blah blah..J goes..hey, you chased me down man, what the hell do you want? SWSG goes...just keep going just keep moving...totall puss....He just caused a major sceen and this isn't exactly Compton...

WTF!?????!!!?!?

Should I complain? It was so aggro and wtf!

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 02:58 AM   #2
lapietra
half baked

Who would you complain to? (really curious... not a shrug)

Personally - I'd just drop it - the guy's an asshole. The strike'll be over soon and it'll be business as usual. At least he didn't tow you...
Old 10-20-2003, 03:04 AM   #3
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I don't think he had time...I just think he didn't have anything better to do and was bored. But it was pretty scary...and J made me promise not to flip anyone off ever again. I don't know, I can't imagine he is the owner of the store..but that might be just judging him on how he looked. It was just the wierdest thing, I mean, did he really think mobs of people were going to show up to go to the water store?

-Dr. Seuss
Old 10-20-2003, 03:14 AM   #4
lapietra
half baked

Did I tell you about the time I flipped a guy off in traffic? This was when I had my little crappy Geo Storm... it was on its last legs and did this weird thing where it wouldn't accelerate from a stop for a long time and finally would catch... it was overheating a lot... really awful to drive but I didn't have an alternative at the time. Anyway - this big jerk in a giant white SUV was in back of me and blared his horn at me to try to get me to go faster... I was in the left lane because I had to make a left turn soon... I'd had a bad day and just stuck my hand out the window and saluted him while I doggedly tried to get the damn car to latch into move mode... This butthole swerved around me to my right, flicked his cigarette at me and then tried to drive me into oncoming traffic. I was freaking out but just held my course & finally got to the place where I needed to turn.
Got a real good look at the guy's face, which proved useful for Part II of this story...
The next day I was going to a vocal concert a few of my friends were in. I got there at the last minute; everyone was seated and I snagged an aisle seat to the left of the guy running the video camera... glanced up at him... Guess who it was!!!
Turned out he was the husband of one of the singers... really weird coincidence, because L. A., as you know, isn't a small place... It really was him - I checked with my friends to see what kind of car he drove (big white SUV)... When I told them what happened, they wanted me to confront him... but I honestly don't know what I would have said... "Hey, remember me?" heh.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:29 AM   #5
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Jerk!

Yeah, I think maybe flipping the bird is just a bad idea..nothing good will come of it.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 10-20-2003, 09:05 AM   #6
yodeling_booyah
What's the word......

I think cars should come equipped with big blinking signs that say "Thank you" and "Sorry about that" for when you cut people off and for if they let you in. That would cut down on road rage. I also think people should keep rancid eggs in the glove compartment for occasions just like the afore mentioned posts.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:17 AM   #7
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
Originally posted by yodeling_booyah
I think cars should come equipped with big blinking signs that say "Thank you" and "Sorry about that" for when you cut people off and for if they let you in.
You don't do the courtesy wave? (seinfeld)

It will be over soon, Zen, I wouldn't bother w/a letter.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 11:33 AM   #8
red
elite rabble

I woulda told him to have a nice day.
That usually pisses people off.
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 11:42 AM   #9
yodeling_booyah
What's the word......

In Columbus, Ohio, where I used to live, there were a lot of apathetic drivers that would wander into my lane and do the courtesy wave.

Then I moved to Indianapolis and everyone thought it was the Indy 500. And had big giant trucks.

Here in Missouri we have the trucks, but spruced up with wooden planks for tailgates in the nicer parts of town.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:48 AM   #10
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

I can't believe he screamed that at you then got pissed that you flipped him the nonverbal!!! Asshole. What's a wife beater? (as you termed it)
Old 10-20-2003, 12:04 PM   #11
TinaBina
Mooooooooo

Nah, don't bother writing a letter. Forget it. Enjoy the sun today instead.
TinaBina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 12:08 PM   #12
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

Report him to the BBB Better Business Bureau. That'll screw 'im.
Spray Paint ? nah. better not.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:17 PM   #13
bealeblues
where's my salt?

wifebeater is probaby the tank top t-shirt. at least it is here in the south. it comes as standard uniform where i'm from.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:25 PM   #14
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

Yes, it would wouldnt it.
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 12:31 PM   #15
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

I think that latitudinally speaking, Dinz and Beale are equally as far south as each other, ruling out the possibility that one's region would have more wife beater shirts than the other, as they both are termed, South. I on the other hand, am much further South, and the same shirt should be multiplied x degrees. That and general tooth loss. shirtxdegrees further south=redneckness + or - bonus points for tooth loss. Oh mannnnn, Dinz is british! for how long here, Dinz? The latitudinal thing for tooth loss is - points in Britain, + points here....sticky rules, what.
Audreyvgs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: