ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > CURRENT EVENTS
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2007, 12:26 AM   #106
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

its one pic when you look at it, but when you go to hotlink, it changes. The pic he wanted to post was regular. I found the code to do it, but i'm not enough of a geek to take the time.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:21 AM   #107
Coffee
Cheeses Save

it was in a birthday thread it happened. I "posted" cake, and goatse was substituted...bummer part was my text kinda coincidentally 'worked' with the goatse image so it looked like it could have been intentional.

I thought ANTIMATTER (king of the all caps trolls) was the first member to get banned....that troll incident was occuring around the time I first joined. Wasn't he/she banned because lots of folks pmed Ze to ban him?

why are we whispering?
Old 06-17-2007, 06:53 AM   #108
Frieda
in limbo

oh, i used it as a font size for a sidenote. do carry on in your preferred font size

and yeah i forgot about antimatter, i don't know if that account really got banned or not.. i don't recall the trolling either.. hmm..

board is going to be 5 years old this september, lots of stuff has happened since.. including the annual board fight around may/june/july.. weird how that always happens around the same time!

oh yeah
Old 06-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #109
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I don't think anyone has ever been banned from this board. They either changed their name or just went away...

-Dr. Seuss
Old 06-17-2007, 02:27 PM   #110
Avalon

Do you mean that people aren't using their real names on the board?? I am so disillusioned now; I am going to talk to the Holy Toast about this outrage.
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Old 06-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #111
Frieda
in limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenbabe View Post
I don't think anyone has ever been banned from this board. They either changed their name or just went away...
there are 3 banned right now.

oh yeah
Old 06-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #112
zenbabe
Lollypop!

oh

-Dr. Seuss
Old 06-17-2007, 05:40 PM   #113
craig johnston
dalai clique

Location: tea leaf towers - home of fine musical entertainment
is zenbabe banned now?

Old 06-17-2007, 06:11 PM   #114
zenbabe
Lollypop!

no, I am not sure who the banned peoples are...

-Dr. Seuss
Old 06-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #115
The Duke
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post
Well, if you think a good model of self-moderation is to bully and harass people you don't like until they get irritated enough to buzz off, certainly there is nothing here to prevent that. But I maintain that it's up to Ze to decide what he wants and doesn't want here, and as you note he doesn't tend to interfere a great deal. Freedom -- like freedom of expression -- always means that you get some of what you don't want. Like being pro choice in abortion means that you support women in whichever choice they make, not just the one you personally approve of.

I see guys like Duke here and there, and being disliked or disdained is not likely to deter him. He doesn't want to preach to the choir, as he's already said, and he doesn't want to pet your kitty. Most people over the age of 12 don't really think that someone's mind will be changed about an important issue via engaging in message board dialogue. But he knows that for every one person who posts invective, there are another five reading along, saying nothing one way or the other, but reading what he's posting and thinking about it. That's the big payoff for Duke.

Trisherina How correct you are .expecially the part about thinking ....If this were a real carnival , than You would have just won the Prized Teddy Bear ...For a triple Bullseye .
Old 06-17-2007, 06:55 PM   #116
Avalon

Quote:
no, I am not sure who the banned peoples are...
Other icq people
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Old 06-18-2007, 01:02 AM   #117
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Trisherina How correct you are .expecially the part about thinking ....If this were a real carnival , than You would have just won the Prized Teddy Bear ...For a triple Bullseye .
Well, I wouldn't get too excited about it if I were you. Looks like a lot of people are thinking nothing more than, "Yeesh, what a dickhead."
Old 06-18-2007, 02:03 AM   #118
topcat
monkey

the very title of this thread is offensive. you are calling a woman who has lost a child a name because you didnt like the way she grieved.i work with a single woman at work who had a child die two years ago at the age of seven. to see her at work crying because she misses her daughter is heartbreaking. one day a month or so ago she came into work with a new back pack. it was her daughters and as she is putting her stuff into it she finds a little notebook. in the notebook written upside down was the words " i love mommy" duke if you ever called this woman a moonbat mama i would beat you to within a half inch of your life. and any person on this board who defends a person who makes fun of mother who has lost a child should be ashamed of themselves. my two cents.

This is an internet bulletin board.

Nothing more. Nothing less
Old 06-18-2007, 02:15 AM   #119
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

^^ a more eloquent "Yeesh, what a dickhead."
Old 06-18-2007, 02:24 AM   #120
Jack Flanders
landscaping is fun

thank you top cat. you came through!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: