ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2004, 10:14 AM   #31
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

I was kiddin' about the attaining religion thing, I don't feel that I'm missing anything in my life, really....and the only thing I don't like is the feeling that Mel knew if he approached this subject in a manner that caused curiosity, he could lead em tothe theatre in droves. I think his bet paid off!

Damn!! You are bright! As an older person on this board, I am impressed with you. I'm not kidding.
Audreyvgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:14 AM   #32
Magpie
Wishing on a pickle.

Quote:
Originally posted by Audreyvgs
Damn!! You are bright! As an older person on this board, I am impressed with you. I'm not kidding.
Isn't she though?!! You've got quite a lovely combination of brains, soul and beauty going on Bekstra. As another "older" person on this board (oh and thanks Aud), I too am impressed with you girl! Nice to know there's 'youngsters' out there like you, this world needs ya
Magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 11:17 AM   #33
chuckie egg
a peach

How can anyone not love Beckstra?!
chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 07:27 PM   #34
beckstra
one classy broad

Thanks guys.
Old 03-10-2004, 03:01 AM   #35
xfox
slightly effective

Quote:
Originally posted by priceyfatprude

Quote of the last century from my Grammy:

"No, honey, I don't want to see Titanic. I already know how it ends."
I love this with your comment! It's such an elegant put down in it's truth and simplicity. Life is too short!

For those readers of philosophy, Thomas Merton's "No Man is an Island" is profoundly thoughtful on the subject of faith and love of God.

Last edited by xfox : 03-10-2004 at 03:05 AM.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 03:03 PM   #36
chuckie egg
a peach

I finally saw this last night, I already wrote my thoughts on it at work but have no internet access there at the moment. I'll save it and post tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:20 PM   #37
AngelofGOD
monkey

I took a box of Kleenex with me. I said since I am of the flesh I may cry. I did not shed a single tear,tears came to my eyes and my Lord spoke to me,not to cry over something that had to be done. I saw somethings in the movies that had alarms going off in my head. There were scenes in this movie not know to man or in scriptures anywhere. The only way Mel could have known of this its because he had seen it in a dream.

I said this man his not any man to put this movie together for the world does not know this and he knew it. When the movie ended, I saw something the Name Mel Gibson,it suddenly went home to me that this man is my brother.

Take a look at All the angels name in the bible and see what is common about our names. The world still doesn't recognized or see it for they don't know what to look for. I read of the people who called the movie anti-satanic.

These people study the word for many years and are certified teachers in the word,had they the holy ghost they would have no need to study the word like they do; The holy ghost would lead them to the word at the appointed time.

I was also waiting for the magazines and papers to start calling him mad Mel or crazy Mel or Jesus freak Mel. It is the way it is done. We are all been called.

Woe unto the generation that will fulfill the book of revelation.
Evil men cannot enter the kingdom of God. Anyone with love in his heart does not breed hate and crime. It is very upsetting when evil men see with their own eyes how evil they can be. They wish to remain in secret and do their evil deeds.

A better example his George Bush. He knew what Saddam an evil man was doing to his own people. America knew but did they really care to stop it. This president said it must stop and he did something about it and many hate him for it; they hate him because he would not stand by and allow someone filled with so much evil continue to do the things that they do.
Evil men does not changed with times; they only become more evil. The greedy and selfish ones say its not our concern what Saddam does,but had he stayed and experimented on his own people and perfected his evil,I tell you, America would have benefited more from his evil than his own people.
Pray America that God does not removed the President from you for if My Lord does,it is only because he had handed you over to the enemy.

While I was in the Movie I thought of Martin Luther King.
Let me say his name the way it should have been said. King Martin Luther. God blessed be the King that you have sent and obey and trusted you to the end. Blessed be King Martin Luther,even thou they have taken him out of Africa Lord he still retains is title and the world nor is tormentors never even knew it.
They say Solomon was the last greatest King,but then it would have gone unnoticed to the world. King Martin Luther.
They never saw what hit them Lord. The King came and went out of their presence and they never knew,they just thought he was a civil right leader or a prophet or a pastor. Sometimes I laugh at the world for they seems to know so much and how little do they know. Now some will research King Martin Luther blood line to see if he was the descendant of kings. My Lord only allow the world to know so much.

Only a true King can rule the black nation. No man can be king or rule over them saved for the true one. The people followed him because he was the King.

The King came did what he was sent to do and returned to the Father. When men began to realized that he wasn't crazy they sought to killed him and they thought they achieved their purpose but little did they know; He had already finished it and knew the very day he would die. He did not run from death but got his wife and kids to a safe place. He was never afraid to die.
King Martin Luther learned to walk, to obey and last of all to trust God even to the point of death.
Blessed be the name of the Lord. Amen.
AngelofGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:23 PM   #38
masterofNone
________

man, i love this guy. every post a novel.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 11:13 PM   #39
djamr

Smile the passion

i saw the movie and it is hard to watch,however it is very accurate on the truth! it is a very interesting movie! you will want to see it! it hopefully will open the eyes of all who will see this and pay attention that god did send his son to die an unthinkable death,just to save us.... so we could live... so we could be forgiven! that is LOVE!and some people choose not to see how much we are loved and we keep hurting and we keep hating( well not everyone) but alot of the world does.and that is not what God is about! he is about love and peace! but this had to be done so the world could survive.we will see the peace truly when all who know him and except him into their hearts are called to heaven!
djamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2004, 04:22 PM   #40
chuckie egg
a peach

All I have on my mind today is this film. It was the most moving & powerful piece of film I've ever seen. I must admit I was a little nervous at the thought of seeing it after all I'd heard and read, and I was right to be. In certain parts I had to force myself to watch, knowing I probably wouldn't want to watch it again.

After hearing the story countless times over the years, sometimes in gruesome detail, I had my own picture in my mind of how I imagined events unfolding. And it looks as though Gibson's is very similar. I did not think the violence was 'over the top' or 'uncalled for'. That is how I imagine it would have been. I don't have the words to describe how deeply this film has affected me, I felt I was being beaten and crucified too. At some points I couldn't see the screen for my tears.

There were five of us that went along, after the film finished the whole place was silent, we were silent, and I was speechless. All the way back in the car not five sentences were spoken between us - I am emotionally drained. I didn't sleep too well at all, the images will stay with me for a while i think.

This film to me was like a slap in the face, the harsh reality of what Jesus did for me puts my now seemingly insignificant daily struggles to the back of my mind. He suffered more than any other, mentally, physically and spiritually, and all because he chose to for the love of us, for the love of me. And I cannot begin thank Him enough.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: