ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007, 09:02 AM   #76
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Suspect's 'Movement' Checked, Ring Found

Mar 29, 8:23 PM (ET)

CANTON, Ohio (AP) - After four suspects in a jewelry store robbery were arrested, police surmised one of the men may have swallowed a missing two-carat diamond ring worth $30,000. The theory proved correct, police said, when the ring was found Wednesday in the toilet inside Dandre Turk's jail cell.

"We did suspect him of swallowing the ring," said Maj. Dave Zink of the Jackson Township Police Department. "We were going to X-ray. Instead, we alerted both jails that whenever he had a movement to scrutinize it."

Stark County sanitary workers were called to the county jail and sucked the ring out of the toilet.

How could authorities be sure the diamond ring, in an 18-karat white gold setting, was taken from the jewelry store in the robbery Tuesday? It still had a price tag, according to the county sheriff's office.

The sheriff's office photographed the ring and tagged it as evidence to be turned over to the township police department.

"It's pretty difficult for them to say they weren't involved," Zink said of the suspects.

Turk, 20, Juantai Phillips, 22, Reggie Jackson, 20, and Ricco Almon, 18, all of Detroit, were charged Wednesday in the robbery at a mall near Canton, the sheriff's office said. The men were arrested near a freeway interchange about 30 minutes after the store reported the robbery.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #77
gensen
monkey

this is 'what's next'

gensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #78
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Couple Fights to Name Baby 'Metallica'

Apr 3, 4:15 PM (ET)

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) - Metallica may be a cool name for a heavy metal band, but a Swedish couple is struggling to convince officials it is also suitable for a baby girl.

Michael and Karolina Tomaro are locked in a court battle with Swedish authorities, which rejected their application to name their six-month-old child after the legendary rock band.

"It suits her," Karolina Tomaro, 27, said Tuesday of the name. "She's decisive and she knows what she wants."

Although little Metallica has already been baptized, the Swedish National Tax Board refused to register the name, saying it was associated with both the rock group and the word "metal."

Tomaro said the official handling the case also called the name "ugly."

The couple was backed by the County Administrative Court in Goteborg, which ruled on March 13 that there was no reason to block the name. It also noted that there already is a woman in Sweden with Metallica as a middle name.

The tax agency appealed to a higher court, frustrating the family's foreign travel plans.

"We've had to cancel trips and can't get anywhere because we can't get her a passport without an approved name," Tomaro said.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:20 AM   #79
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

While we're on the subject of names:

Judge OKs Trucker's New Name: Ynot Bubba

Apr 3, 5:23 PM (ET)

LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP) - Justin Brady wanted a new name, and state District Court Judge Jerald Valentine has granted his request. His new name is Ynot Bubba. Bubba said after Monday's court proceeding that he had no celebration plans and instead planned to spend the day notifying people - his insurance agent, for example - of his name change.

"I don't know what the big deal is," Bubba said, referring to the attention his case has received. "It's just a name."

Bubba, 43, a California native who now lives in Las Cruces, has worked as a truck driver for more than 20 years. He asked to change his name because he no longer has a relationship with his adoptive parents, the Bradys.

His chosen first name, Ynot, comes from communities around the country named Wynot and Whynot. His last name is courtesy of the people he now considers family; they nicknamed him Bubba for no particular reason.

Ynot Bubba was the final choice among three names. He had considered Lacon Marlboro, inspired by the town of Lacon, Ala., and his preferred choice of cigarette. He also considered More Chek, from his desire for more money.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:14 AM   #80
craig johnston
dalai clique

Location: tea leaf towers - home of fine musical entertainment
Man proposes after four minutes

A single father-of-two proposed to an American woman he met on the internet four minutes after flying 4,000 miles to see her for the first time.
Carl Dockings, 36, from Newport, south Wales, popped the question to Danielle at Chicago's O'Hare Airport after the pair met playing cards on the internet.

The 26-year-old said "yes" and the couple were married four months later.

The pair are now settled in his home city with their daughter Isabel, who was born on New Year's Day.

Council worker Mr Dockings explained how the couple met while playing the card game gin online.

He was really funny and we seemed to click right away
Danielle Dockings

He said: "I'd always liked cards and was filling in the evening. I went on there and bumped into Danielle playing in a card game and we hit it off straight away.

"I was inundated with work and the computer was where I went to relax and wind down and that's where I found Danielle.

"We got on so well. We just seemed to know what the other was thinking.

"Danielle's the most loving, caring person I've ever met and that came through straight away."

'Terrified'

Mr Dockings said the pair had fallen in love before even exchanging pictures, but that sending a photograph was still a "nerve-wracking" experience.

He said: "We finally agreed to swap photos and Danielle sent one over first - after seeing the photo of her I was terrified of sending the photo of myself."

When Mr Docking flew to Chicago to meet his bride-to-be, who is from nearby Wisconsin, he did not waste time before popping the question.

Mr Docking, who also has children aged six and nine, said: "I gave her a cuddle and a kiss and told her how happy I was being there.

"We walked for a couple of minutes to the train station at Chicago airport and I thought 'I've got to have this woman for life' and that's when I popped the question and I went down and proposed to her."

'Good conversation'

Mrs Docking said the proposal was not a complete surprise after the pair had got to know each other through months of online messaging.

She said: "I had a feeling he would [propose] - we'd talked about it.

"We were chatting and emailing and playing cards for about 10 months.

"It was good conversation - there was never any awkward silence. He was really funny and we seemed to click right away.

"I was able to pick up on how loving and caring he was because we would talk about our day to day lives and he would talk about how he was with his kids.

"I fell in love with his personality and the kind of person he was."

aah, the internut.........

Old 04-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #81
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

That's it. I'm going to bed.

Rules Should Have Barred Gun Sale to Cho

McLEAN, Va. - A judge's ruling on Cho Seung-Hui's mental health should have barred him from purchasing the handguns he used in the Virginia Tech massacre, according to federal regulations. But it was unclear Thursday whether anybody had an obligation to inform federal authorities about Cho's mental status because of loopholes in the law that governs background checks.

Cho purchased two handguns in February and March, and was subject to federal and state background checks both times. The checks turned up no problems, despite a judge's ruling in December 2005 that Cho "presents an imminent danger to himself as a result of mental illness."

"On the face of it, he should have been blocked under federal law," said Denis Henigan, legal director of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence.

The 23-year-old South Korean immigrant was evaluated by a psychiatric hospital after he was accused of stalking two women and photographing female students in class with his cell phone. His violence-filled writings were so disturbing that professors begged him to get counseling.

The language of the ruling by Special Justice Paul M. Barnett almost identically tracks federal regulations from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Those rules bar the sale of guns to individuals who have been "adjudicated mentally defective."

The definition outlined in the regulations is "a determination by a court ... or other lawful authority that a person as a result of marked subnormal intelligence, or mental illness ... is a danger to himself or to others."

Virginia State Police send information on prohibited buyers to the federal government. They maintain that the sale was legal under state law and would have been barred only if the justice had committed Cho to a psychiatric hospital. Barnett ordered outpatient treatment instead.

The Virginia attorney general's office declined to discuss the application of gun laws to Cho's case. Barnett also declined to comment.

The state uses a slightly different standard than the federal government, barring sales to individuals who have been judged "mentally incapacitated."

George Burke, a spokesman for Democratic Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (news, bio, voting record) of New York, said millions of criminal and mental-health records are not accessible to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, mostly because state and local governments lack the money to submit the records.

McCarthy has sponsored legislation since 2002 that would close loopholes in the national background check system for gun purchases.

Initially states were required to provide all relevant information to federal authorities when the instant background checks were enacted, but a U.S. Supreme Court ruling relieved them of that obligation.

"The law is very confused about this," said Richard Bonnie, a professor of law and psychiatry at the University of Virginia who heads a state commission on mental-health reform. "The source of the confusion is the relation between federal and state law."

Also Thursday, the owner of an Internet gun store based in Green Bay, Wis., told The Associated Press that Cho used his Web site to purchase one of the weapons used in the shootings. Cho paid $268 for the gun.

Eric Thompson, who runs http://www.thegunsource.com, said the Walther .22-caliber handgun was then shipped to a Virginia pawnbroker so Cho could pick it up.

Thompson said he had no idea his business was involved until he was contacted Tuesday by ATF agents.

"I just feel absolutely terrible that this tragedy even happened in the first place," he said.

___

Associated Press writers Matt Apuzzo in Blacksburg and Scott Bauer in Madison, Wis., contributed to this report.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #82
l'azizza
98.4% monkey

Fake writ releases man held in beating

HICKMAN Officials released a prisoner from a state facility after receiving a phony fax that ordered the man be freed and didn't catch the mistake for nearly two weeks.
Timothy Rouse, 19, is charged with beating an elderly western Kentucky man and was at the Kentucky Correctional & Psychiatric Center in La Grange for a mental evaluation. He was released from that facility on April 6 after officials received the fake court order.
It contained grammatical errors, was not typed on letterhead and was faxed from a local grocery store.The fax falsely said the Kentucky Supreme Court "demanded" Rouse be released.
Lexington police arrested Rouse at his mother's home Thursday evening. Police are still investigating who faxed it.
Prison officials did not notice that the fax came from the grocery store because policies in place did not require checking the source of a faxed order, said the LaGrange facility's director, Greg Taylor.
l'azizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 07:53 PM   #83
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

This photo is most definitely NOT dy-no-mite. Nor is it good times.

*shiver*

I'm so disappointed in you, JJ.

"Virtually unseen since her John Edwards backlash began, gay-bashing blonde beyotch Ann Coulter arrived to the 5th Annual TV Land Awards with "Good Times" star Jimmie "JJ" Walker. Dyn-O-WHAT?!!!

The odd couple walked the red carpet on Saturday and proved that there hasn't been a stranger pairing at an awards show since Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Pressley kissed like two dead fish at the MTV VMAs in 1994. Mwah!

While Coulter and Walker are not romantically involved, their diabolical press plan worked -- they were definitely noticed! Immediately following the show, Ann was helicoptered out of the venue and placed back under her rock."
Old 04-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #84
zero

^&^^idicracy bread
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 09:14 AM   #85
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Police: Thief Tries to Trade Stolen Jeep

Apr 24, 4:36 PM (ET)

NORWALK, Conn. (AP) - A Bridgeport man has been arrested after he tried to trade in a Jeep to a car dealer, a month after allegedly stealing the same Jeep from that same dealer, police said.

Jazrahel King, 29, was arrested Saturday after a sales manager at Wholesalers of America recognized King's 2003 black Jeep Liberty as a vehicle that was stolen from his lot in early March.

The sales manager, Diego Coleman, said King brought the sport utility vehicle in, hoping to trade up for a larger vehicle.

"I was left speechless. I couldn't believe that he would try to take back another car and he didn't think we would recognize him," Coleman said Monday.

King had come to the dealership last month to test-drive some vehicles, Coleman said. But there was a problem with King's credit, so salesmen at the dealership scrubbed the test-drives.

Coleman said he last saw King wandering around the lot as he was preparing the Jeep for a man who had just bought it. The keys were left in the Jeep.

Then the Jeep and King disappeared, Coleman said.

When police inspected King's Jeep Saturday, they found that the key ring was the same as those issued by Wholesalers of America.

The temporary plate on the vehicle belonged to the dealership and documents found inside showed it belonged to the dealership, Sgt. Ronald Pine said.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #86
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

^^ That guy must have gone to my high school.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:07 AM   #87
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

This guy, too?

Alleged Robber Leaves His AK-47 Receipt

Apr 25, 9:13 PM (ET)

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Sheriff's deputies tracked down a suspect in an armed robbery with a receipt he left at the scene of the crime, authorities said.

A man wearing a mask robbed an Orlando Hess station Monday, stealing $75 and two cartons of cigarettes, the sheriff's office reported.

When deputies arrived at the gas station, someone noticed that the robber had left a gun case against a display rack. Inside the case, deputies found a receipt for a new AK-47 assault rifle.

"Obviously, he wasn't a member of the MENSA society," sheriff's spokeswoman Susan Soto told the Orlando Sentinel.

The receipt was made out to Eric Cunningham, who lived only a few miles from the gas station, according to an arrest report.

Deputies found Cunningham, 18, at his apartment with a loaded assault rifle and a shotgun, the report said.

Cunningham was arrested and charged with armed robbery with a firearm while wearing a mask. He remained in jail with no bond.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #88
T.I.P.
balancing actor

that just gave my colleagues a good laugh
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 12:27 AM   #89
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

baa
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:36 AM   #90
Jack Flanders