ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #31
Brynn
constantly amazed

i'm not a n00b anymore, but I'm not an old-timer, either. I've made some observations that you can take or leave.

the reasonable n00b's who want to play nice are pretty easy to spot, and you know who you are. so be patient - unfortunately the nice ones walked into the room at the same time as the others, so just have fun, and please don't feed the trolls. As long as you're intelligent, civil, and don't whine, you'll do fine, and everything will sort itself out.

other tiny princess suggestions for endearing oneself as a n00b:

1. Read the previous posts in a thread to get the gist. If it's image association, for instance, post images, not chatter.

2. Read the rules of the thread. If you break the rules, it had better be pretty funny. If you don't understand the rules of "Ask a question, give an answer" or don't know how to embed a youtube video, then pm me or - gee, just about anybody. I'm very nice and I don't bite.

3. Good manners are never a bad way to go. If your mother never taught you any, then this is a good place to learn some. Then you can take your new-found knowledge somewhere else and be glad you're not the president of some country.

4.Before starting a new thread and pushing a popular one to page two (so annoying!) try posting in existing threads. The archives are so huge and rich, you'll probably find an identical subject that just needs bumping if you do a little research.

5. Ze is the god of the internet as far as we're concerned, and we're here because of his awesomeness and generosity. Go ahead and keep calling him "Frank" - please. So much easier than branding you on the forehead...

6. The H.A.T.E. rule comes in handy - never post when you are
High, Angry,Tired or - I can't remember the last one - Emotional? That's redundant with Angry, isn't it??????????? Drunken posting is sooo amusing, however. So is posting when you're high, but - okay let's just forget - did you say something? wait. what is everyone takling about. wer did everybodyu go?

7. Cut everybody a giant break before you decide to get offended. You don't know everyone's story. I sure don't. Everybody can sound like an asshole at one point or another - it's text. Read back posts before you decide you know where someone is coming from. Maybe somebody's dog just died - cut them some slack.Breathe.
Assume the best and be pleasant and just confirm your doubts in a pm or something. In fact, take all your feuds to PM and don't make the whole board read it. It's really unpleasant,and interrupts the flow of funkaliciousness and fun-having.

8. Current Events is not Debate Hall, but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've always thought of it as a the water fountain to go catch up on what's new and to read some observations. At least, I used to. What I saw there yesterday for the first time was like watching a smelly, angry gorilla burst into someone's nice Canadian living room and start randomly spraying his scent on the doilies. If the forum ever comes back you will generally find that ugly name-calling and casting personal aspersions does not qualify as debate, and no one knows what to do with you. You may indeed have a good heart. All I can say is it's too bad that someone has to tell us that, because at that point it's probably too late.

9. I don't want to buy your cheap crappy t-shirts from cafepress. I sell stuff to make extra money too, but I don't cram it down people's throats on this board. I don't care how nice you are. It's really tacky. Would you bring Amway catalogs to a party? Wait, Amway people are a bad example...

Just IMHO. Suggestions only. Writing this made me cranky, so sorry about the tone. Time to go smoke some more crack...
...ahhhhhhhhhhh.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #32
zenbabe
Lollypop!

^^^ don't you mean hat?

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #33
Earthling
Human User

Cool Greywolf

Look, I think you're a very intelligent guy, with great knowledge of mans history, and the politics around the world.

I also know, that you do alot of research and get involved in discussion of world events. Unregistering is like cutting off your own nose to spite your face. You should consider this as just another avenue of expression on the net. Duke is already speaking of returning once his ban is lifted, and perhaps finding a better niche here.

You, like I, have never tried to be a member of the 'gang' from ICQ. Don't limit yourself now.
*I might even debate ya' once or twice~keep dreaming *
Old 05-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #34
Tunesmith
click click click

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
6. The H.A.T.E. rule comes in handy - never post when you are
High, Angry,Tired or - I can't remember the last one - Emotional? That's redundant with Angry, isn't it??????????? Drunken posting is sooo amusing, however. So is posting when you're high, but - okay let's just forget - did you say something? wait. what is everyone takling about. wer did everybodyu go?

Just IMHO. Suggestions only. Writing this made me cranky, so sorry about the tone. Time to go smoke some more crack...
...ahhhhhhhhhhh.
Now you DEFiNITELY, shouldn't post, Brynn!

Btw, do we ever actually get any drunk posting? Or is it just a bunch of us *stumbling* around in the Pub Thread pretending to be inebriated?

Hey, either way it's funny!

But seriously, great post. Kudos to you.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #35
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunesmith View Post
Btw, do we ever actually get any drunk posting? Or is it just a bunch of us *stumbling* around in the Pub Thread pretending to be inebriated?
Occasionally, some drunk posting goes on.
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:03 PM   #36
Tunesmith
click click click

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post
That's beautiful.

Ze, you should've done a drunk version of The Show.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #37
nowhereman
monkey

Greywolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
You, like I, have never tried to be a member of the 'gang' from ICQ. Don't limit yourself now.
This coming from the same person that said that you know who could be reasoned with. Just lots of double speak from Bug man.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #38
Brynn
constantly amazed

and you there, mr. looneytunes - sit up straight, don't slouch
Old 05-05-2007, 05:36 PM   #39
Tunesmith
click click click

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
This coming from the same person that said that you know who could be reasoned with. Just lots of double speak from Bug man.
Ooh! Ooh! Orwellian references!

...Brynn? How did you...can you see...are you in my mind?!
Old 05-05-2007, 05:49 PM   #40
lostsadie
Pigmy person...

^^^^your avatars are similar could be you two are twins
Old 05-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #41
Brynn
constantly amazed

I am. I am in your braaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin
Old 05-05-2007, 06:08 PM   #42
Frieda
in limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by trisherina View Post
um, not just occasionally

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #43
12"razormix

RRRRRR.
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #44
zero

CCCCCH.
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #45
Frieda
in limbo

is that a blender that i'm hearing or is it still the hangover smurf banging his little hammer in my skull?

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: