ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-02-2002, 07:31 PM   #31
Ctrl+Alt+Del
Cats Rule

BUMP!

I wanted to bump this up because I see a few new people in here.
Ctrl+Alt+Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 07:52 PM   #32
Red Princess
thread soiler

its a combination of Red Sonya and prepress princess which is the title a former boss gave me. never met a file i couldn't whip into shape. Crash the RIP!
Red Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2002, 10:45 AM   #33
Zyle
No Longer In Hiding

Hmmmmm... Mine really has no meaning whatsoever. I was playing an online game and needed a "ruler name", fiddled with some random letters trying to make something sounding vaguely spacey and came up with Zylex, with time people dropped the ending and now I'm Zy.. or Zyl.. or Zyle. I just like Zyle best plus people kept thinking I was a guy with the nick Zylex, I think Zyle looks a bit girlier (correct me if i'm wrong and I'll rethink again )
Old 12-04-2002, 03:11 PM   #34
Eiggam
This is my favorite site!

Eiggam is my first name backwards... Maggie.....
My best childhood friend use to call me that all the time... I guess it stuck.... ought to see it with my last name.... quite humorous
Old 12-16-2002, 09:02 PM   #35
SimplyCosmic
monkey

Simply Cosmic

Hi.

Sorry this is such a long answer, but...

I was originally using the screen name, "Cosmic Tribe", which is the name of a Tarot deck I love,

I also had a web site, Into The Night.Net, which was partly a personal interest site & partly a celebrity fan site. After a while the site was getting bigger and bigger (I'm interested in LOTS of things) and very confusing, with these huge navigation thingies everywhere, so I finally decided to make two seperate sites. One that was just about

His Diminutive Greatness
and another just about me; you know...
"Simply Cosmic"

I thought it would be a good idea to tie everything into my new, "Simply Cosmic" web site from now on..new e-mail addies using that name, & using Simply Cosmic as my screen name, etc.

So now I'm Simply Cosmic.

See?

Bye for now

Diana

P.S. I still have months of work ahead remaking my "ME!" site...but it will be extremely great when I'm done. I'm sure you'll agree.
Old 12-16-2002, 10:45 PM   #36
bealeblues
where's my salt?

i may be way off on this, but didn't paul williams play in smokey and the bandit??
Old 12-16-2002, 11:24 PM   #37
female
monkey

i was trying to come up with a good screename without much luck. i finally decided on female, because then i couldn't be mistaken for a boy (yeah, it's happened. on one board i post at my profile says i'm a male... believe me, i've tried changing it a thousand times but it always reverts back to male.. i think they have a bug in their script or something) ... i don't think i sound boyish, but who knows. i'm not your typical female but that doesn't make me any less curvy
Old 12-17-2002, 02:01 AM   #38
zenbabe
Lollypop!

yeah, didn't he play smokies dumb ass son? Little Enos..hhahaha "daddy's thirsty" He was that short guy that wrote the love boat theme song, he was on that show alot too!!

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 04:58 AM   #39
SimplyCosmic
monkey

Paul Williams

Hi.

Yes, Paul Williams was in the Smokey & The Bandit Movies. He played "Little Enos".

And, yes he wrote The Love Boat Theme.

And many many other songs.

I'm not really a major fan of his music, although I've been surprised to discover that he's actually done some good ones. Many of which some of you have probably never even heard of. Or you've heard them, being sung by the likes of say, Luther Vandross, or Frank Sinatra, and never knew Paul Williams wrote them. Same as I didn't up until as little as a year ago.

Personally, I do not care for his singing voice.

Smokey & The Bandit is an okay movie.

I think Paul Williams could probably do a respectable bit of acting, if anyone ever gave him the right role (say something like Peter Fonda's part in "Ulee's Gold", for example?) but no one's ever seemed to want to take him seriously in that capacity. That's how he ended getting famous though. He went to Hollywood, originally, to get into acting, but he wasn't getting much work, so he fell back on writing music to make money. And the rest was history.

If anyone else ended up standing back, and looking at the man, apart from how corny you may think he and his music are, and apart from him formerly (and internationally STILL) being a celebrity, you might end up being as impressed with him, simply as a person, as I've become. He's had an interesting and productuve life. He's a smart, good, kind, funny, modest, warm. decent generous man. He's quietly, and steadily accomplished a lot of things in his life that most of us can't even dream of accomplishing, and he's still alive & well and working. So he's probably not done yet.

It's okay if youse guys want to tease me about the whole Paul Williams thing. God knows I'm used to it by now. Around here at least chances are the remarks could end up being witty and original.

Uh, and aside from mentioning the fan site I have for him, which anyone can go check out, or not as they see fit, chances are I won't be talking about him unless someone else brings up the subject first.

Then, well....

Bye for now.

Diana
Old 12-17-2002, 09:47 AM   #40
bealeblues
where's my salt?

oh no, no making fun of little enos... smokey and the bandit kicked ass

but then again, i'm from the south, so it's sort of ingrained in our collective consciousness

*confession*-- when i was 8, i couldn't wait until i turned 16 to get my very own trans am with the gold eagle painted on the hood.... yee-haw.... i see the quips and barbs flying my way from here....

remember, i was 8 for chrissake....
Old 12-17-2002, 09:54 AM   #41
RuneT
baaaaah?

Quote:
Originally posted by bealeblues

*confession*-- when i was 8, i couldn't wait until i turned 16 to get my very own trans am with the gold eagle painted on the hood.... yee-haw.... i see the quips and barbs flying my way from here....

remember, i was 8 for chrissake....
I can identify here. I wanted so too. I also had remarkably detailed dreams about women wearing cowboy boots. Cmon, bealeblues! It wasn't only the cars, was it?

RuneT, respect!!
RuneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 12:27 PM   #42
ro2byn
monkey

mine comes from my parents, who decided a long time ago to give me and my siblings all nicknames with our age in them. i was two, hence robyn + 2 = ro2byn. somehow this stuck, and they still sometimes call me that.

i don't know why i used this. i guess it was better than some of silly names i've come up with before
ro2byn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 05:40 PM   #43
bealeblues
where's my salt?

originally posted by rune

Quote:
Cmon, bealeblues! It wasn't only the cars, was it?
oh no, that's pure redneck southern culture.... you mix in some S & B with "Dukes of Hazzard" and you have yerself a rip-roaring good time on a friday night.... yee-haw

daisy dukes were popular for a reason, you know....
Old 12-17-2002, 07:06 PM   #44
SimplyCosmic
monkey

Hi.

Smokey & The Bandit's the only movie I've got with HDG (His Diminutive Greatness) in it. And, to be honest we only have it because we love Burt Reynolds. S&B is good fun...

Born & raised in NYC, NY, U.S. of A. But I lived in Tennessee for about five years and ended up with some incredible memories, and a love for country music (& biscuits & gravy) (& kudzu) (Not necessarily in that order) (But maybe).

One of my Top Ten all time favorite songs is "Walking In Memphis"
My first web site had a whole page on the song. I had some great graphics, like a wonderful shot of Beale Street in the rain, links to information on Beale Street, the Delta Blues, W.C. Handy, The Hollywood, and Marc Cohn. There was also a link to information about "Finding Graceland, a really nice little movie featuring "Walking In Memphis on the soundtrack. (Also has Harvey Keitel doing an Elvis impersonation, singing "Suspicious Minds) (one of my favorite parts of the movie)

I will be re-doing all that stuff on my "me" site eventually....

If you feel like listening to an amazing song, sung by the man who wrote it, and who (IMHO) does it better than anyone else ever has or will...I have a wav of "Walking In Memphis" on my site at:

http://simplycosmic.homestead.com/WalkingInMemphis.html

"Remember The King!"

Diana
Old 12-17-2002, 07:23 PM   #45
bealeblues
where's my salt?

originally posted by simplycosmic

Quote:
But I lived in Tennessee for about five years and ended up with some incredible memories, and a love for country music (& biscuits & gravy) (& kudzu) (Not necessarily in that order) (But maybe).
HOLY SH*T cosmic.... i grew up in TN (aka deliveranceland) and memphis is one of my all time favorite places, hence the 'beale' in bealeblues.....

good to have a fellow TN veteran around (even if you were born/bred in NYC).... btw, neko (she's a regular who's been absent with finals lately) currently lives in deliveranceland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: