ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 4.18 average. Display Modes
Old 11-21-2002, 01:21 PM   #1
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

GRUMP!

all the ZeFrankenfurters on this board seem to be chipper most of the time. i've just recently gotten some bad news and am in one hell of a grump. i didn't want to depress the rest of the board, so i thought i'd start a new thread.

anyone else got some sob stories to share?

-st.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 01:43 PM   #2
dickieC
Professional ZeMonkey

Oxford University Press have just rejected my thesis as a book manuscript. I've been working on it for over six years. How crap is that?

Bastards Bastards bastards bastards

Old 11-21-2002, 01:45 PM   #3
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

super-blow, Dickie. need me to whoop up on someone?

damn Oxford, so snooty.

-st.
Old 11-21-2002, 01:50 PM   #4
dickieC
Professional ZeMonkey

Nah, thanks for the offer (not entirely sure what you mean)

I'm off to a Seventies party tonight, so I will drown my sorrows in Cinzano and Lemonade and vodka jelly (er, I mean Jello).

What's gone wrong your end Deviate?
Old 11-21-2002, 01:57 PM   #5
masterofNone
________

My father ran a business for nearly twenty years with his patner. My father was the creative genius, his partner the number cruncher. Toward the end, as they neared their 70s they entered a downward turn. To pad his salary, unbeknownst to my father, the partner started embezzeling from the employees' 401(k) accounts. When the crime came to light my father cooperated with the Department of Justice to the fullest extent possible. The partner clammed up. The DoJ charged both the partner and my father with the crime. Because he knew he was guilty, the partner plea bargained. Because he knew he was innocent, my father did not. The partner recieved 18 months. My father recieved 2 years. So, at the age of 73, he reported to a Federal Prison Camp and served 22 months. He's out now. Turned 75 last summer. Off parole in a month or so. Danced at his grand daughter's wedding this fall.

Merrily, merrily, merrily... life is but a dream.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 02:01 PM   #6
dickieC
Professional ZeMonkey

That's not good. It's that sort of thing that gives plea-bargaining a bad press. Any chance of revenge?
Old 11-21-2002, 02:15 PM   #7
masterofNone
________

believe me, the fact that that guy has to wake up and be who he is everyday is revenge enough.

and the fact that my father gets to wake up and be who he is is his reward.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:25 PM   #8
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

Dickie,
i was asking if you wanted me to kick someone's ass for you, s'all.

sheite, MoN, mondo suck. great attitude about it, though.

for me (long-long story made short):
just found out that this girl with whom i was in major love but didn't love me moved to Montana, is living in a trailer behind a gas station with some old gas station attendant, and is pregnant. and all this was happening when she was supposed to be in a home helping her get over her severe depression and self-abusive behaviour.

she is one of the most intelligent, loving, and tortured person of anyone i know.

sigh.

-st.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:42 PM   #9
masterofNone
________

<---- now completely confused about Deev but learning to accept it

Yeah, nyc... it kind of makes me think of the Department of Justice in very Orwellian terms... the whole federal government for that matter.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:46 PM   #10
masterofNone
________

yeah...but he who lives by the sword dies by the sword. Besides, when he was going through the trial, my mother didn't even tell her closest friends. Old midwestern shame... nothing like it

<----- shameless
Old 11-21-2002, 02:53 PM   #11
masterofNone
________

we really did think about the press as it was going on. And, yeah, it's a story that alot of folks would like to know about our tax dollars at work. Oddly, the judge in his case is the judge in the Zacharias Massoui case. And his judge in the civil case was the judge in the John Walker Lindh case. But that's just because of the locale. Just a weird connection.

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your situation Deev. It is sad that intelligent, loving, and tortured are a common combo in this world.
Old 11-21-2002, 02:54 PM   #12
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

i just got an email from her a few minutes ago. holy shit - it wrenched my stomach.

things she said:

she says she loves the baby but hates the father. he's made threats about her leaving him.

she wants to name her baby after me.

that she still loves me and misses me, but that i deserve better.

it just kills me.

-st.

p.s. MoN, sorry i confuse you. it's something i'm quite used to. glad you're dealing with it so well, though
Old 11-21-2002, 02:54 PM   #13
dickieC
Professional ZeMonkey

Sorry to hear the bad stuff Deviate.

Sometimes screwed up people need to be left alone to sort out their own problems. I've done the thing of "I'll be the one to make the difference and spread light and happiness" but it doesn't work in the long run.

Cheer up, there's lots of ladies flirting 'round here.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:39 PM   #14
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

i guess i don't share your view on that. if i hadn't stepped when i did, this girl would have been dead long ago.

maybe i have too many super-hero misconceptions. i promised her she could count on me to look after her and once she learns that then maybe she'll start counting on herself.

and trust me, if you met her you'd bend time to make her happy.

-hopeless romantic.
Old 11-21-2002, 08:20 PM   #15
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Stalkers suck...

When I was 16, this college boy had a huge crush on me, I had no interest. I liked his best friend. One night, while I was working at Round Table, he asked if he could give me a ride home. I asked my mom and she said sure. On the way home, he told me that he was moving away, and that he wanted me to know how he felt about me. I told him that I only felt friendship towards him. We got in a huge screaming fight on my front lawn because I didn't ask him to stay and because I didnt feel the same way he did. I told him to give me his address of where he was going and we would write and stay in touch. After he left, he went to where he worked and robbed the safe, then he went home and kidnapped his next door neighbor, a 25 year old girl. He took her to an orchard and shot her in the head with a 357. I guess the gun was in the car the whole time. It turns out that I was the only one that new where he was going. I gave the address to the police and he was arrested, he has been in jail since. Anyway, I just found out he is getting out.....

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: