ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2004, 02:33 PM   #1
fodder

how bad is this

i just called one of my potential bosses and accidently said, "I'm calling to see how your summer is going and because you told me to." I sound like such a fvcking student. I can't believe I said it.

how bad is this, really bad or a little bad
Old 08-20-2004, 02:35 PM   #2
masterofNone
________

not bad. relax. he knows.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 02:36 PM   #3
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Heh, just a little bad, I think. How bad is it when you get up and the first thing you check on the net is the weather?
Old 08-20-2004, 02:41 PM   #4
fodder

no, it's bad. the better i sound, the better job he'll find me

i tried to push pound and redo the message, but it wouldn't let me. at least i waited until after i hung up to say "no, crap"
Old 08-20-2004, 03:02 PM   #5
JesusTitties

i once accidently forwarded an email from my girlfriend at the time, to my boss.

It was meant to go to my best friend, so he can see the kind of shit we used to do in bed, which is what she was talking about in the email, all horny and shit.

His name was Darryl, my bosses name was Darren - i clicked the wrong, well.. you get the idea.

As soon as i sent it, i realized and literally just sat at my computer for 10 mins not touching anything, thinking about what i would be doing for a living starting the next day.

He ended up writing back something like "hi there. i doubt this was meant for me... but i must say it sounds like you certainly have a little firecracker on your hands."

i was like thank **** he's cool.
JesusTitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:05 PM   #6
red
elite rabble

you were lucky, he was probably wishing he had your girlfriend
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 03:27 PM   #7
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Quote:
Originally posted by fodder
no, it's bad. the better i sound, the better job he'll find me

i tried to push pound and redo the message, but it wouldn't let me. at least i waited until after i hung up to say "no, crap"
Or maybe he'll be the kinda guy who'll listen to your message and think, "Hey, a real person. Best job I can find goes to her."
Old 08-20-2004, 04:16 PM   #8
imdrsmooth

I sort of did the same thing today while leaving a message. I described the position I was applying for as "the almost tech supervisor" position since that's what he said on the phone last week. I guess it can't be too bad since that's what he described it as. The bad part is I did the quotes with my hands during almost. I'm glad that wasn't on some sort of video message.

Edited to add that I sent an email to who I thought I was talking to on the phone since he gave me the email address. Turns out it was for someone else so they received an email addressed as Jeremy.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:22 PM   #9
Smartypants
MR. Smartypants to you.

Location: Oh, YOU PEOPLE go ahead and call it "Frisco." See if I care.
Quote:
Originally posted by JesusTitties
i once accidently forwarded an email from my girlfriend at the time, to my boss.

It was meant to go to my best friend, so he can see the kind of shit we used to do in bed, which is what she was talking about in the email, all horny and shit.

He ended up writing back something like "hi there. i doubt this was meant for me... but i must say it sounds like you certainly have a little firecracker on your hands."

i was like thank **** he's cool.
I can see why your boss would be cool, JT. I'd think it would have been your girlfriend who'd fire you.

Now if you ever go forwarding OUR e-mails that describe what we do in bed, you are DOGMEAT, mister!!

"I don't think God wants us to believe in him. If he wanted us to believe in him he'd do something about it -- like exist perhaps!" --Linda Smith
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:26 PM   #10
lapietra
half baked

I hugged one of my female acting teachers once, and as I stepped away, I accidentally copped a feel.

The look on her face told me she thought I did it intentionally. I didn't know what to say.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:31 PM   #11
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by lapietra
I hugged one of my female acting teachers once, and as I stepped away, I accidentally copped a feel.

The look on her face told me she thought I did it intentionally. I didn't know what to say.
How 'bout, "Well I'll be darned! They are real! HEY, (Insert name of someone you don't like in the class here), YOU OWE ME 20 BUCKS!"
daverbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:33 PM   #12
lapietra
half baked

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

eh... It wasn't a squeezy kind of feel.... more of a stroky kind of feel...
Old 08-20-2004, 04:36 PM   #13
Frieda
in limbo

you pinched her nipple!

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 04:53 PM   #14
agentsmith
rap geisha

Quote:
Originally posted by lapietra

MUAHAHAHHAHAHA i would have laughed so hard.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:04 PM   #15
lapietra
half baked

I think the appropriate word is "mortified". I was paralyzed with embarrassment...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: