ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-07-2003, 05:41 PM   #106
noxxville
Disco Maven

Very late response...

1. List at least five (or more) food items you absolutely have to have at all times in your kitchen.
Lipton Sour Cream and Chive noodles, cheese slices, Johnny's "Honey You're Terrific" salad dressing, baby carrots, tonic water, vodka (does that count as food? If not, I'm screwed)

2. What's the most outrageous thing you've ever done in public?
Stapled paperwork to my hand.

3. Desert Island music - 15 cd limit.
REM - Document
Louis Armstrong - All-time greatest hits
Pearl Jam - Yield
Erasure - Pop
Poe - Haunted
Modest Mouse - This is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about
Green Day - Warning
Siouxsie and the Banshees - Best of
Operation Ivy
Tool - Opiate
Prince - The Hits 1-3
Beethoven - Sonata 14 "Moonlight"
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Murder Ballads
King Missle - Mystical Shit

4. Name something you wish you could have accomplished by now. (It's not too late!)
Learn to play the piano

5. Describe a memorable slow dance experience.
I remember one dance in particular during my sophomore year where I was dancing with a body "I was in a heavy drug phase at the time and have no recollection of who it was) and thinking to myself "I hate everything about this moment."

6. What would you ask for for your last meal?
Anything on a Thai menu with 4-5 little chili pictures next to it.

7. Favorite place to make whoopie? (or smooch, if you're too young for that other stuff.)
the floor

8. Best beloved toy when you were a kid?
easy, my big plastic godzilla

9. Most memorable party you've ever attended or thrown?
Threw a party in Germany for no reason. Many people came, madness ensued. It is far to long a story for here.

10. What's your favorite clothing item?
My 11-year old Morrissey "Kill Uncle" shirt. It is absolutly worn with holes and frayed elastic. I still wear it, to my girlfriend's disliking.

11. If you could have any artist(s), living or dead, design your living space for the rest of your life, who would it be? and what would it look like?
I have no idea. Is there an artist that specialized in piles of useless garbage?

12. Your bed: firm, medium, soft, or water?
Medium.
noxxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 05:12 AM   #107
Indigo

1. List at least five (or more) food items you absolutely have to have at all times in your kitchen.
pasta
bread
butter
eggs
peanut butter
salmon
meatballs
cheese - cheddar & parmesean
yogurt
potatos
popcorn
cookies
tea
coffee
grape juice
well, you did say "or more"

went thru a buger joint drive thru naked.

that's not fair, i tried - couldn't choose only 15.

4. Name something you wish you could have accomplished by now. (It's not too late!)
i should master yoga

i only have mosh pit memories, sorry...

a beautiful salad with parmesean dressing, baked potato extra butter NO sour cream, french onion soup, fresh baked bread with honey butter, sauted squash, alfredo with grilled shrimp, stuffed mushrooms, and a bottle, or two, of red.

7. Favorite place to make whoopie? (or smooch, if you're too young for that other stuff.)
this very much depends on the weather

jigsaw puzzles and trees

high school - parents gone - at least 60 kids - blaring the Damned - booze - weed - cops - fences - treetops - more fences - swimming pool - guns - more cops - more fences - park - club - home - woke up in my closet. never got caught. damn we were good.

10. What's your favorite clothing item? my docs

11. If you could have any artist(s), living or dead, design your living space for the rest of your life, who would it be? and what would it look like? me. lots of pillows. lots of candles. funky lamps.

medium
Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 01:25 PM   #108
dickieC
Professional ZeMonkey

Re: Lapietra's Highly Invasive Xmas Eve Questions (patent pending)

I don't have a kitchen, but when I did have one: spaghetti, oregano, butternut squash, red kidney beans, lamb mince, bottle of Becks.

Erm..... Vandalised an advertising hoarding in Warrington whilst exceptionally drunk (one of my bestest friends got arrested shortly afterwards for smashing a window in a KwikSave supermarket (note to Americans: KwikSave=Walmart)).

Beethoven: symphonies 3, 4, 5, 7, 9
Mozart: Symphonies 25, 29, 35, 38-41, Requiem mass, Great C-Minor mass
Haydn: Die Schoepfung, Harpsichord concerto, Nelson mass
Bach: complete partitas and sonatas for solo violin, Italian concerto, Wohl-tempierte Klavier 1
Dvorak: Czech dances
Brahms: symphony 4
Schubert: octet, complete piano sonatas
Scott Joplin: piano rags
U2: Achtung Baby
Radiohead: The Bends, OK Computer, Amnesiac
The WonderStuff: Never Loved Elvis

I think thats a bit more than 15...

Got married and started a family

Attempting to waltz with my then-girlfriend in a pub on an island off the west of Ireland.

Spaghetti bolognese, made properly, followed by profiteroles, accompanied by a nice Cote-du-Rhone.

In bed. Have yet to try it outdoors....

ZX Spectrum (this will probably be meaningless to North Americans).

Dinner party in my fourth year of grad studies, cooked four courses solo for 10. Amazing - never thought I could do it.

Brown suede shoes.

11. If you could have any artist(s), living or dead, design your living space for the rest of your life, who would it be? and what would it look like?

Possibly Vermeer, but he wasn't really a designer. Erm.... Vanbrugh, the architect of the building I presently live in...

Firm, every time. Must improve posture...
Old 01-11-2003, 06:32 PM   #109
lapietra
half baked

dickieC - Your shoes & my jacket.

And both you and Indigo and everybody else - I guess I should have made the cd limit 20 - I'd be kicking myself daily for leaving behind Radiohead's "Amnesiac", Kirsty MacColl's "Kite", Duran Duran's "Pop Trash" a compiled cd I put together of my friend Kevin So's best stuff I called "So Far" and Tom Petty's "Wildflowers". But that's the problem - these desert island things, you don't have much time to grab your stuff...
maybe a list would help...
Old 01-11-2003, 11:01 PM   #110
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

mp3 player. take 3000 songs. longer list.

-st.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 02:08 PM   #111
bealeblues
where's my salt?

oh yeah, and the batteries too for the player deev....
Old 01-12-2003, 04:20 PM   #112
jenschka
jenschka bo benschka

Isn't there a satellite, hands-free, psychic-remote, solar powered, pocket-sized, frickity-frackin' digital output remastered gazillion mp3 selection gizmo out there yet? Well DAMNIT, we need one.

Well, I suppose I'll attempt this question thingy..... I'm so indecisive, this'll probably take all day.

sugar, coffee, milk, cereal, onions, chicken, ice-cream (or vanilla yogurt w/ frozen blueberries when I'm being good), spices, nuts, pasta, pesto sauce, tomato sauce, feta cheese, red cabbage, olive oil & balsamic vinegar, popeye and sweet pea.
i can't think of the most outrageous thing, so this'll have to do... i drew a bikini on myself in black permanent marker and then went out to play. okay, so i was only 7. had a helluva time gettin' my bikini OFF, though!
i'd have to start with some childhood favorites and then some "now" stuff, (so's i could reminisce). so, childhood: the greatest hits of Olivia Newton-John & John Denver, Zeppelin's IV, Cindy Lauper She Bop, anything Carpenters, um.... now stuff is: rickie lee jones pop pop, norah jones, fiona, sineád o'connor, björk, joni mitchell, u2's achtung baby & joshua tree, dave matthews, old bob dylan stuff. um.... i dunno...
enlightenment. well, also being a singer in a band with the ability to play an instrument VERY WELL.
the closest i could get to the guy i had a crush on was to be asked to dance by his best friend (in 9th grade). that was my first slow dance and i was SOOOO embarassed! didn't know what to do with myself (and the guy i liked wasn't even AT the dance!)
a smörgåsbord.
7. Favorite place to make whoopie?
outside in the dirt and leaves and grass and twigs and rocks.
i had a white stuffed dog with multicolored spots on it when i was 4. otherwise, i'm like Indigo: Jigsaw puzzles and TREES (all the way!!!!). not to mention mud and leaves and, well, all the stuff i like to "make whoopie" in!
i really don't like parties for some reason, but, i do remember one where my best friend karina and i LITERALLY
laughed for about 40 minutes straight when we were in high school. people came up to us asking what was so funny, and left disgusted because we were just unable to explain. it just made us laugh harder!
right now, a pair of green levi's i got for 5 bucks that fit perfectly. oh, and a black pair of pants with a leaf print all over them that someone made (wow, i'm realizing there is a LEAF theme spinning through my answers).
i like a lot of artists, but i would have to design it myself. if i could afford anyone, then i could also obviously afford any item, etc. SO.... i'd design (hi indigo again!) a bunch of funky lamps and candles, i'd paint the walls some kind of cool colors. one room would be a deep greenish blue, one room would be a deep reddish orange. you know, new mexico colors. i'd have some huge paintings on the walls, or downright murals. i'd have secret hiding rooms, stairs leading to doors with a brick wall behind it. stuff like that. it would be fun. kids would BEG their parents to let them come over. it would be outrageous but also cozy and warm. it would have a beautiful garden with plants EVERYWHERE!!!! and the wildlife would be screened OUT (as opposed to my living conditions now) so that they couldn't EAT all my beloved plants. but they could be viewed from the garden, and i'd grow them a wildflower field to roam in. oh, lapietra, it would be great..... sigh....
i'd have a firm bed (i like futons) with soft fluffy pillows! (kinda what i have now!)

WHEW!!!
Old 01-12-2003, 09:44 PM   #113
lapietra
half baked

I want you guys to know - Jen makes a mean red cabbage/feta cheese/oil & vinegar salad... ohhhhhhman it's good.

And baby - you're *definitely* gonna have that garden someday soon - if a certain someone we both know has anything to do with it...
By the way, does the aforementioned party know about #7? hee hee... I'm gonna tellllll....
Old 01-12-2003, 10:47 PM   #114
Indigo

hi jen!

you won't believe how i just redid my bedroom a couple months ago. a beautiful dark red-orange wash on the walls (very relaxing) - candles, funky lamps everywhere - old funky chests - the ceiling is gold, like a donegal gold - well, its kinda hard to explain the rest, but i LOVE it. maybe will post a pic when i get a digital camera.

leaves rock!
Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 04:26 PM   #115
jenschka
jenschka bo benschka

YEAH, INDIGO!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Your place sounds great! What else have you done to it? (where are you, anyway? East coast, west coast?) and leaves do rock! thanks! and by the way.... i just got a digital camera at samy's called a FUJI BIG JOB for $119 AFTER TAX!!!!! it's a great buy! it looks like a REAL camera too, not those tiny shiny silver thingies that you can't grasp. my kinda camera! anyway, if bucks are an issue (it was my b-day gift to myself!) you can't go wrong. 1.5 mega pixels i think.

and OOOOooohh! Lapietra! you tryin' to get me into trouble?!!! he was sittin' right here while i was typin' it, then i read it to him. but too bad he didn't offer to take me outside! heh heh. we've yet to do it thatta way..... oh well.... no one is PERFECT (although he's close!)

and when we gonna git together for some cabbage salad? i have to make it up to you..... that last dinner was kinda lame. but, i'm no gormay.

(don't worry, i know how to spell).

and what's huzzah mean anyway?!
jen

OH YEAH! INDIGO, I just remembered something else. Haha... when i was in high school, (you know how letters get passed in class all the time), my friend Rochelle and I would always draw a little pile of poo (practically our logo!) like your avatar with the little steam lines on it and everything! What a crackup!
Old 01-13-2003, 05:07 PM   #116
lapietra
half baked

Jenschka - you just say when you have time & I'll be there -
I LOVED what you made last time! (I mean - I made a total pig of myself ) I'll contribute this time, tho' - cwoll meeeeeeee....... we'll make plans...

indigo - you've inspired me - I know I only rent but I bet my landlord wouldn't mind if I spruced the place up a bit... hmmmmmmm.... let's see....
Old 01-13-2003, 07:59 PM   #117
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

I think huzza is her mating call, Jenschka
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 09:17 PM   #118
lapietra
half baked

huzzah

Merriam-Webster Online:
Main Entry: huz·zah
Variant(s): or huz·za /(")h&-'zä/
Function: noun
Etymology: origin unknown
Date: 1573
: an expression or shout of acclaim -- often used interjectionally to express joy or approbation

American Heritage Dictionary:
SYLLABICATION: huz·zah
PRONUNCIATION: __h-zä
VARIANT_FORMS: also huz·za
INTERJECTION: Used to express joy, encouragement, or triumph.
NOUN: 1. A shout of “huzzah.” 2. A cheer.
ETYMOLOGY: Perhaps variant of Middle English hisse, heave!. See hoist.

Mating call. Like I need to say anything.
Old 01-14-2003, 12:09 AM   #119
jenschka
jenschka bo benschka

Oxford Dictionary
definition: Yeah baby, you make me heave
syllabication: hhh-hhh--hhh- uh -za
pronounciation: hhhhhhhhhuh- hhhhuh
etymology: from the english word huff eg. huff and puff
Old 01-20-2003, 12:19 AM   #120
Indigo

a tart's boudoir - :p

lmao peg! thats what a close friend said, too!
well, 'harem room' but same thing i guess

cant help it
i love it

still waiting on that camera!!!

anyone care to teach me how to post a pic into a reply?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: