ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2003, 07:57 PM   #1
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I hate my neighbor's

Do you think this is an effective letter? Jeremy and I collaborated on it all day...

August 25, 2003

Jack & Charlotte & Pete

RE: NOISE / OTHER PROBLEMS

All:

Wanted to provide you all the final opportunity to correct the noise problem that’s been ongoing since the very day you moved in. Loud voices and laughter (we love laughter, but not at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning, (Sunday through Thursday), thumping techno music, computer game / other sound effects. All last week was exceptionally bad. Kat had to go over there twice at 2:00am and 3:00am last Wednesday.

We haven’t met Pete, but I suspect he is the source of most or all of this noise. We love to party too, but our schedules (along with this entire building basically) are pretty much 9 to 5, Monday through Friday. This isn’t Pacific Beach, or some party dorm / frat-house at San Diego State University. This is Bay Park, a quiet, basically tranquil, prosperous working class neighborhood. With the exception of your household, the building’s occupants reflect this. If this type of living is unattractive to you, the drunken chaos of Pacific Beach is one freeway exit away.

There are a lot of other problems too, which the Homeowner’s Association is none too happy about. The constant visitors/noise, leaving the garage and front gates open and rigging the garage gate so that the remote controls won’t close it. There was also an issue with trash, and other issues the Homeowner’s Association is aware of. Jack, Charlotte: Your car was broken into right? Well, the building security is dependent on all of us keeping it locked up. Whoever’s doing this needs stop.

And there’s always someone calling up “Hey Pete, you home?” “Peeeete!” “Peeeeeete”, and knocking on his sliding door. Ask them to call from a pay phone or cell phone or come back later, this isn’t Brooklyn. No one here in the building is happy about all of these problems, especially us. We’ve had to move into our guest room, and can still hear the noise / bass through the walls.

Another occurrence happened last night (August 25) around midnight. I guess the owners of the motorcycle, decided to go for a late night spin out ride around the neighborhood. Your motorcycle is very loud and other tenants have told you that this is very disturbing. While nobody is saying that you don’t have the right to own one, consider the fact that people are trying to sleep when you peel out of here for a midnight ride. While you were gone, your friends continued to party on the street. The beer bottles are still out there. This is illegal.

We’re friendly people, not unreasonable. But our right to the quiet enjoyment of our own home is being denied us. We are strongly recommending you correct this problem immediately before we have to file a noise complaint with the San Diego Police Department (We have the forms ready to file now), and start documenting complaints with the Homeowner’s Association. This will have two results:

Continued…

1: The City of San Diego / San Diego Police Department will fine you all personally.
- First Citation - $100 fine
- Second Citation - $250 fine
- Third and all subsequent Citations - $500 fine

2: The Homeowner’s Association will fine the owner you rent from. Eventually he’ll be fined so much he won’t be able to keep you as tenants, or, he will pass this fine along to you along with your citation fine.

We have alternative solutions we think are fair, but everyone next door has to communicate and cooperate fully for it to work. Please don’t put us in a position where things have to get unpleasant.

We don’t want this kind of bad blood; life is too short. We don’t really have a choice if it continues. Correct these problems immediately. We will not hesitate in calling the police the next time there is a problem. We really don’t want the cops and the city and the Homeowners’ Association involved, but we are not going to waste our breath any longer.

A copy of this letter will be forwarded to the Homeowners Association and your landlord.

Regrettably,

us

P.S. Sorry we didn’t call, misplaced your number. Could you get it to us again?

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:14 PM   #2
malina
leaving

have you spoken to them?
malina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:32 PM   #3
rmr

Zen...it's a great letter. You obviously allowed yourself to cool down before you wrote it. If they cannot make any changes after reading this then they obviously are not going to listen to reason and you'll have no other choice but to get the police and the homeowners association involved.

You're being very considerate in light of how much of a pain they've been to you.

Good luck!!!!!
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:37 PM   #4
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Angry

Dude, I'm Italian. You need a favor?
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 08:41 PM   #5
zenbabe
Lollypop!

pfd, yes, come on over and bring a horse head. Yes, we have spoken with them several times, but nothing has changed. The letter started out much more angry, but we went back and forth with it all day. I think it says what is on our mind.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 08-25-2003, 09:19 PM   #6
agentsmith
rap geisha

need my services?
Old 08-25-2003, 10:07 PM   #7
zenbabe
Lollypop!

possibly agent, I am going to try to just fine their azzes out of here first. If that doesn't work, I will break out the big guns...

-Dr. Seuss
Old 08-25-2003, 11:32 PM   #8
agentsmith
rap geisha

i'll ready the chainsaw. it needs a good polish before anymore proffesional work.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:17 AM   #9
zenbabe
Lollypop!

'kay, they got the letter...now...I wait for a response.....

*hides in the reeds*

-Dr. Seuss
Old 08-26-2003, 05:26 AM   #10
Frieda
in limbo

wow, zen! that must be so annoying! i love that letter. it´s friendly, but it says things that aren´t that friendly.. well done!

do post updates!

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 09:30 AM   #11
KitKat

Anything to report? My neighbour is an unemployed wannabe DJ - I guess 24/7 thumping basslines would be great if I liked that kind of music...
KitKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 11:26 AM   #12
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I enjoyed a very quiet night last night...I figure it will take at least a day for them to get their thoughts together..I wonder what will happen if I run into them in the courtyard....I'll keep ya posted!

-Dr. Seuss
Old 08-26-2003, 01:50 PM   #13
fodder

your neighbor's tennis shoes?
Old 08-26-2003, 11:12 PM   #14
zenbabe
Lollypop!

crap, I have to call my landlord..turns out she is in town recovering from surgery and want's to come over.....

-Dr. Seuss
Old 08-27-2003, 03:58 PM   #15
zenbabe
Lollypop!

I got an email from my landlord that she forwarded from and exchange she had with the owner of the place next door. I haven't heard them make any noise in two days so I guess the letter worked.

Thanks Maria,

I spoke with Jack last night and he believes that Pete (the roommate) is the source of most of the problems. Jack was extremely embarrassed that he wasn't aware of this problem and that it had gone on for so long. He was also extremely apologetic for the inconvenience to your tenants, yourself,and the rest of the residents. He is going to talk with Pete and then I asked that they call me back to let me know how they are going to rectify the situation.
He wasn't able to respond to the issue concerning the garage. His car was broken into a couple of months ago so he certainly doesn't enjoy seeing the garage door being left open or altered to remain open.

I will keep you updated. Thank you very much for filling me in and please do not hesitate to let me know about any other problems.

Devon

-Dr. Seuss

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: