ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2003, 03:29 PM   #76
ambo
feline, naturally

yes, lets' do talk about alternative medicine. here's my story:

i ruptured a disc in 1987 or thereabouts. i had a CAT scan - there was a "free-floating" fragment in my nerve sack. needless to say, the pain was considerable, and i had already lost most of the strength in my left leg when i began consulting surgeons. what they wanted to do was cut into my spinal cord, into the nerve sack in question, remove the fragment and 1/2 of the disc material, and sew everything back up. it was then that i sought treatment from an acupuncturist in berkeley.

four acupuncture treatments later, the pain was gone and strength was beginning to return to my leg. within six months, i had regained all the strength back in my leg and had no residual pain whatsoever. three or four years later, i took up tennis !

it has been my experience that western medicine deals mostly with symptoms, and treats them with drugs or invasive surgery. very little attention is given to the root cause of any problem.

as far as the colonic treatments go, in a perfect world, we would only need to eat right and exercise to maintain healthy organs. i don't know anyone who lives that way, so if we can find a way to help our bodies deal with all the crap we breathe, drink, and eat, why not consider it ?
Old 09-15-2003, 04:38 PM   #77
TinaBina
Mooooooooo

Quote:
Originally posted by ambo

it has been my experience that western medicine deals mostly with symptoms, and treats them with drugs or invasive surgery. very little attention is given to the root cause of any problem.
glad to hear that your pain went away!

I started to look into holistic medicine when I felt that I was not getting enough attention from my own doctors...who book 5 patients at a time, and I only get 10 minutes...

The preliminary forms I had to fill out for Thomas Jefferson University Center for Integrative Medicine were very lengthy and covered everything, every symptom, my lifestyle, and habits.

The doctor reviewed it and immediately treated my back pain, with no question.

Hearing that I was in pain, was enough... did not wait for me to ask for treatment, did not doubt the severity or need, and with much deliberation located the areas of pain with my guidance.

I hate doctors that argue -- I had a terrible feeling in my bladder once... something was not right, but instead my usual doctor argued with me about my pain and discomfort, saying that if it was an infection I would know it.... took more time to argue with me and no time to try and diagnose it or even hear what I was saying... luckily it went away with lots of cranberry juice, tablets and water...

I think there is much to be said for alternative treatments... St John's Wort worked very well for me, as did Valerian root for sleep problems....
it is a matter of finding what is right for you and making educated decisions.
TinaBina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 05:05 PM   #78
rmr

I go to an Osteopath...here's a link if you aren't already familiar........I would never go to an MD again..........

Osteopath's
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: