ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > Being little
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2002, 12:14 AM   #1
bug-o-rama

Unhappy Pets long gone...

When I was five my parents took me to a local farm and said I could have any pet I wanted: I chose a duckling. I named him "Hickory-Dickory Duck" (you know the rest -- the mouse ran up the cluck ). Anyway, he got out from his little training pen one afternoon during a thunderstorm and was struck by lightning. 'Nuff said.
bug-o-rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 12:31 AM   #2
lapietra
half baked

that's so sad...

You picked such an unusual pet, and it died in such an unusual way...
What made you remember that?
Old 10-17-2002, 01:49 PM   #3
red
elite rabble

Poor ducky!
My first pet was a stray my Mom brought home with her. She named her so my sisters and I wouldn't argue over the name.
She was a good dog…I still miss her. (sigh)
Old 10-17-2002, 04:16 PM   #4
NekoPunk
Don't dream it, be it...

just for you cat people...

i remember when i was really tiny, like 3, we had a cat named Jezabel. ^__^ she was so cool, and had kittens and everything, right? well, one day, she got hit by a car, and my parents were all, "go inside so we can make sure she's ok" that's normal, right? well, i went inside and went upstairs to the window facing the road. i opened it and yelled outside, (but from the inside, so i was ~kinda~ doin what they told me to) "is she dead yet?"

really really loud.

*lol* the funny thing is, i remember doing it, because then my parents were all, "uhhh... wait a sec"

i guess that's when i chose what i wanted to do with my lizzife. yay.

(oh, and yeah, she was dead, but we still had the kittens, so it was ok, i guess)
You bring your knees in tight...
But it's the pelvic thrust...
That really drives you insane!
Let's do the time-warp again!
Let's do the time-warp again!

Last edited by NekoPunk : 10-17-2002 at 05:09 PM.
NekoPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 09:41 PM   #5
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

Unhappy Sniff.. sniff...

I'm sorry about your losses, guys.

I remember my first loss - Frisky - my gerbil. It was a rainy day, I was 11. We placed the body in an empty detergent box (so as to keep Frisky spring fresh) and buried him/her (never really knew for sure) under my tree. It was a difficult time for all of us (especially Frisky)

:::sharing a moment of silence:::
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 10:12 AM   #6
saskuoch
Somebody stole my cheese

My first pet that was actually mine (my parents had a dog and a cat when I was born, but they had to get rid of the dog when we moved from Oklahoma to Denver because our yard was too small for her, and then they had to get rid of the cat because when I started walking she discovered that is was fun to hide around a corner and attack me when I walked by) was a little black kitten named Clark. I got him when I was four, right after my sister was born. I think my parents were trying to make up for the fact that I hated them for having another kid. Anyway, while Clark was still a kitten, he went outside one day and never came home. I still can't bring myself to ask my parents if they really know what happened to him.

My mom wanted to get me another cat (still compensating for the sibling). On the way to the neighborhood pool there was a lady whose cat had just had kittens, so she told me I could have one when they were old enough to leave their mommy. I picked a long-haired yellow-orange kitty with extra toes on his feet (I think he had six on each one.) I named him Corn-Cob, and we went to visit him everyday. Then, when the kittens were about three weeks old, their mother was hit by a car and killed. The lady tried to feed all the kittens with formula from a bottle, but they all died, too. Even Corn-Cob. So my mom spent about a week scouring the newspaper for litters of kittens. She would call each one to find out if there were any yellow-orange long-haired kittens. When she finally found one, she asked if he happened to have any extra toes. And he did! Seven on the front paws, six on the back. He was the last kitten left in the litter, so we went over that morning and picked him up.

He still lives with my parents, but he's very old now. He's such a nice kitty, though
We are, of course, now living in what George W. Bush has called the "era of personal responsibility": if a child chooses to have parents who can't afford health care, that child will have to accept the consequences.
saskuoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 05:50 PM   #7
bug-o-rama

Re: that's so sad...

Quote:
Originally posted by lapietra
You picked such an unusual pet, and it died in such an unusual way...
What made you remember that?
It's one of my strongest "being little" memories...I remember being really proud of my duck's clever name at the time, and later (LOTS later) thinking it must have been some sort of hubris over that which had, in a twisted-karmic way, caused his bizarre demise.
bug-o-rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 06:54 PM   #8
KittyCaller

Hiya, I'm new here, but thought I'd post sooner as opposed to later. My first Kitty was Stripes, who was actually around before I was born. He slept in my crib with me, but I don't remember him, really. When I was two to four or so, we had four black cats. I named them all Alphabet.

I've had cats every single year of my life, but Cue Ball really sticks out in my mind. She was absolutely crazy, and kind of mean, but she was a beautiful cat. She died about two years ago. Doesn't seem that long ago.
KittyCaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 07:52 PM   #9
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

You named all of your cats Alphabet!? That is so cute! What were their names in real life?
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 11:58 PM   #10
KittyCaller

I think that was their actual names. Heehee. If they had other names, my mom has never told me. We have a couple of pictures of them somewhere. I can't tell the difference looking at them.
KittyCaller is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: