ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 08-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #2611
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
pwait - reverse psychology in a game -- pretending to be eager for something one dreads.

Funkytuba pwaited one of the players by declaring "Bales, this round I have no problem with multiple entries, so enter away!"
Old 08-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #2612
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
pwait - those little cards that fall out of magazines; from "postal weight", the insertion of the cards is carefully calibrated to get within half an ounce of the maximum postal weight without going over into another cost category; hence, the cards themselves, or, by extension, any additional insertion into any postal package to get up to the weight category's max.

"Hey, anybody got anything to send gramma?" Funkytuba shouted to his family. "We've got about half a pound for pwait!"
Old 08-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #2613
Marcus Bales

pwait - the sound of an air kiss.

When Madonna and Britney met, it was initially just a pwait, but it turned almost immediately into a wet, lingering therblig.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:42 PM   #2614
T.I.P.
balancing actor

pwait: wound weceptacle fwom which food is eaten

I had thwee whole pwaits of waviowi and I wuvved it !
T.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 08:39 AM   #2615
Marcus Bales

pwait - the indistinguishable word sounds from a distant loudspeaker.

"Pwait the therblig metemptosis and snatch block a galactagogue with shrieval fantoccini" the loudspeaker said. So we did that, and we still waited another hour to board the plane.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #2616
Mary Bollocks

^ winner ^^^ winner ^^^^winner ^^^^^ winner ^^^^^^^^^^^^ winner, imho of course.
Mary Bollocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:21 AM   #2617
xfox
slightly effective

pwait excl., a cross between an acronym and doublespeak used prior to an urgent trip to the rest room.

Charlie begged pwait while the movie was about to begin, and Lisa headed into the dark theater eager to see the story, casually catching the code.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #2618
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

I'm working on the judging now...
Old 08-25-2007, 02:56 AM   #2619
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

Boring old reality (in this case, particularly boring)
Quote:
Originally Posted by proc man page
NAME
proc, pflags, pcred, pmap, pldd, psig, pstack, pfiles, pwdx,
pstop, prun, pwait, ptree, ptime - proc tools

SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pflags [ -r ] [ pid | core ] ...
/usr/bin/pcred [ pid | core ] ...
/usr/bin/pmap [ -rxlF ] [ pid | core ] ...
/usr/bin/pldd [ -F ] [ pid | core ] ...
/usr/bin/psig pid ...
/usr/bin/pstack [ -F ] [ pid | core ] ...
/usr/bin/pfiles [ -F ] pid ...
/usr/bin/pwdx [ -F ] pid ...
/usr/bin/pstop pid ...
/usr/bin/prun pid ...
/usr/bin/pwait [ -v ] pid ...
/usr/bin/ptree [ -a ] [ [ pid | user ] ... ]
/usr/bin/ptime command [ arg ... ]

DESCRIPTION
The proc tools are utilities that exercise features of /proc
(see proc(4)). Most of them take a list of process-ids
(pid); those that do also accept /proc/nnn as a process-id,
so the shell expansion /proc/* can be used to specify all
processes in the system. Some of the proc tools can also be
applied to core files (see core(4)); those that do accept a
list of either process IDs or names of core files or both.

pflags
Print the /proc tracing flags, the pending and held
signals, and other /proc status information for each
lwp in each process.

pcred Print the credentials (effective, real, saved UIDs and
GIDs) of each process.

pmap Print the address space map of each process.

pldd List the dynamic libraries linked into each process,
including shared objects explicitly attached using
dlopen(3DL). See also ldd(1).

psig List the signal actions of each process. See
signal(3HEAD).

pstack
Print a hex+symbolic stack trace for each lwp in each
process.

pfiles
Report fstat(2) and fcntl(2) information for all open
files in each process.

pwdx Print the current working directory of each process.

pstop Stop each process (PR_REQUESTED stop).

prun Set each process running (inverse of pstop).

pwait Wait for all of the specified processes to terminate.

[...]
OPTIONS
The following options are supported:
[...]
-v (pwait only) Verbose; report terminations to standard
output.

So then on to the entries:

Many thanks to Marcus Bales for his take on alternate geography, he wins a globe map projected onto a Klein bottle for:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bales
Pwait - The country that comes before "Qwait" in the alphabetical list of nations at the UN.
his other entries were unusually good for such prolificacy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Bales
pwait - reverse psychology in a game -- pretending to be eager for something one dreads.
Funkytuba pwaited one of the players by declaring "Bales, this round I have no problem with multiple entries, so enter away!"

pwait - those little cards that fall out of magazines; from "postal weight", the insertion of the cards is carefully calibrated to get within half an ounce of the maximum postal weight without going over into another cost category; hence, the cards themselves, or, by extension, any additional insertion into any postal package to get up to the weight category's max.
"Hey, anybody got anything to send gramma?" Funkytuba shouted to his family. "We've got about half a pound for pwait!"

pwait - the sound of an air kiss.
When Madonna and Britney met, it was initially just a pwait, but it turned almost immediately into a wet, lingering therblig.
seebe gets a safety strap for his(her?) wii so as to avoid the kinds of embarrassment than can arise when attempting to hide ones tactics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seebe
pwait n. A slang word in video game play, where you cause your opponent to think you dont see the winning move before taking him down hard. This makes the win much more satisfying to you.
Jason put his opponent through 2 minutes of pwait before he pwned him.
trisherina,Coffee,and T.I.P all get a certificate for one of these (foww weasons which showwd be appawent upon pewuusal of the wink), for, respectively,
Quote:
Originally Posted by trish, coff and tip
pwait: A familiar hairstyle worn by the Walters girls.

Pwait n, v 's 'ed 'ing
Extremely small braid. The act of forming hair into micro braids, the process is very time consuming often requiring 3-4 full day sessions to complete the process for a person of average shoulder length hair. Pwaiting salons have the longest waiting lists of any hair care establishments due to the ridiculously long treatment necessary.
Evelyn accidentally (some say purposely) set herself up for failure and frustration by micro-managing every aspect of her wedding plans, yet somehow she scheduled the custom pwaiting for her long luxurious hair for only 2 days before the wedding.

pwait: wound weceptacle fwom which food is eaten
I had thwee whole pwaits of waviowi and I wuvved it !
daverbee went over my head with the llama reference but we definitely could use more of 'em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVB
Pwait
The game of Pwait has it's origins in the Mayan civilization of ancient America.
The object of Pwait was to stand at a designated spot and wait for the next available llama-driven public transportation vehicle to come along for the purpose of carrying one to one's next destination.
As public transportation in the Mayan culture was below average at best, most llama-driven vehicles were already overloaded after their first stop, often not even bothering to stop until someone on board asked to get off. Or fell off due to the aromas emanating from the llama. This caused much frustration to Mayan commuters.
The winner of a game of Pwait was the commuter who was able to stand in place longest without once complaining or sharpening one's spear for use on the llama driver.
xfox receives honor and glory commensurate with Coveted Second Place and something to help keep the wait times short.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfox
pwait excl., a cross between an acronym and doublespeak used prior to an urgent trip to the rest room.
Charlie begged pwait while the movie was about to begin, and Lisa headed into the dark theater eager to see the story, casually catching the code.

But deferring to the peanut gallery, I have to admit that bales's shadowpuppet has a point:

pwait - the indistinguishable word sounds from a distant loudspeaker.
"Pwait the therblig metemptosis and snatch block a galactagogue with shrieval fantoccini" the loudspeaker said. So we did that, and we still waited another hour to board the plane.

...and is, in fact the winner... take it away, Monsieur Bales.
Old 08-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #2620
Marcus Bales

Curse you, Red Baron!

The new word is

oscheal
Old 08-28-2007, 03:21 PM   #2621
12"razormix

oscheal, n.

inuit expression for the process of transforming rainwater into ice by collecting the water in a bucket during the months of november through january and swinging a full bucket in the cold night air on february 3rd, 5th or 14th until the water freezes and sticks to the sides of the bucket
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #2622
brightpearl
Rhinoceros fan

oscheal slang, n.

Term used to describe a situation which is both extremely unfortunate and of great magnitude. Origin: thought to be a combination of the phrases "Oh shit," and "whole schmeal."

As the last of his two thousand head of hogs ran out of the gate, Farmer Ted thought to himself that Bernard the inexperienced ranch hand had caused him his last oscheal.
brightpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #2623
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

oscheal -- the ritual or obsessive usage of a phrase, usually at loud volume

Upon arriving at the pub, Pat lapsed into his particular oscheal, "Nutsack! Nutsack! Nutsack! Nutsack! Nutsack! Nutsack! Nutsack!", quickly earning him a none-too-friendly shove out the door.

Last edited by funkytuba : 08-28-2007 at 07:01 PM.
funkytuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:50 PM   #2624
Brynn
constantly amazed

oscheal - that ossified corner of the cheddar that didn't get wrapped up properly. It is most commonly cut off and fed to the begging dog.

Blanche was disgusted (and secretly pleased) to see that her rival hostess Marie had failed to spot the oscheal before serving the cheese platter to her guests.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #2625
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Oscheal n.

The milky excretion that surrounds foreign matter that gets within mollusk shells. The material from which pearls are formed.

The marine biologist got a few funny looks when he complimented Janice on her new "oscheal necklace".
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: