ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2004, 11:27 PM   #61
masterofNone
________

i liked the old courtney. when she was skanky in the good way. the new courtney looks skanky in the bad way.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:27 PM   #62
Avalon

the kind of skanky that happens without trying
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:29 PM   #63
masterofNone
________

yes. i like the kind of skank that takes an interest in her skankiness.

Last edited by masterofNone : 06-10-2004 at 12:01 AM.
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:38 PM   #64
zenbabe
Lollypop!

uber whack job

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 03:14 AM   #65
zenbabe
Lollypop!

FREAK....

Courtney Love seeks plea deal in California drug case
Friday, July 30, 2004 Posted: 10:40 AM EDT (1440 GMT)

Courtney Love arrives for a pretrial hearing Thursday in Beverly Hills, California

(Reuters) -- Two days after being ordered into drug treatment, Courtney Love returned to court Thursday as her lawyer sought a plea bargain to settle the second of four criminal cases the troubled rock star has faced in recent months.

Attorney Michael Rosenstein told reporters he was trying to work out a deal with prosecutors to dismiss two felony counts of illegally possessing prescription painkillers in exchange for Love's guilty plea to a lesser charge that would keep her out of jail.

Meanwhile, presiding Judge Elden Fox took control of a second but unrelated felony case against Love -- this one for assault -- and set an August 16 hearing for an arraignment on that charge and pretrial motions in the drug possession case. The assault charge stems from a fight between Love and another woman at the home of Love's ex-boyfriend in April.

Asked if she understood that a trial in the remaining drug case could be scheduled to begin 30 days from the August hearing, Love replied, "That's fine."

But Rosenstein said he hoped he could reach a plea deal by then, allowing the mandatory drug treatment program ordered by a Los Angeles judge earlier this week to fulfill Love's sentence for the Beverly Hills drug possession case.

Love, 40, also has been charged with reckless endangerment in New York, where she is accused of throwing a microphone stand into the audience during a nightclub performance.

On Tuesday, Love was sentenced to 18 months of out-patient drug rehabilitation and ordered to remain out of establishments where alcohol is "the chief item for sale," except as necessary for her engagements as a performer. The sentencing was for a misdemeanor charge of being under the influence of cocaine.

Both that case and the drug possession charges stem from back-to-back incidents last October 2, when Love was arrested by police who said she was breaking windows in the middle of the night. After her release, Love was rushed to the hospital for police described as a "medical emergency."

Her latest court appearances came more than two weeks after Love skipped a July 9 Los Angeles hearing in her assault case, prompting a judge to issue a warrant for her arrest.

Hours later that day in New York, she was carted out of her Manhattan home handcuffed on a stretcher en route to Bellevue Hospital Center, where Rosenstein said she was admitted for an unspecified gynecological problem. She then spent most of the next two weeks in a Connecticut hospital undergoing drug treatment before she returned to California and turned herself in to authorities last Friday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2004 Reuters. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 07-31-2004, 05:01 AM   #66
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Poor Frances Bean, and here we all are watching.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:02 PM   #67
zenbabe
Lollypop!

SANTA MONICA, California (AP) -- Rocker Courtney Love was sued Thursday by a travel agency that claims she ordered nearly $50,000 in airline tickets, but wouldn't pay.

The lawsuit says Love asked the company to book tickets, hotel reservations and other travel arrangements for herself, her family, agents and staff last year. She authorized payment to her credit card, but later withdrew authorization and sent checks, the lawsuit alleges.

One check was connected to a closed bank account and she allegedly canceled a second.

The firm, New Act Travel, in Los Angeles, seeks money for the tickets as well as service and bank charges, damages, court fees and $1,000 in excess baggage charges.

Calls to the company's attorney, Stephen Martin, were not immediately returned.

Howard Weitzman, a lawyer representing Love on civil and criminal cases, said he was unaware of the lawsuit and declined to comment.

Also Thursday, Love's trial on felony charges for illegal possession of painkillers was postponed to November 3.

In July, she was sentenced to 18 months in a drug rehabilitation program after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor charge of being under the influence of a controlled substance. In New York City, she faces charges for allegedly striking a fan with a microphone stand at a club in March.

Love, the widow of Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain, was formerly the lead singer of the band Hole. She had to delay a concert tour with her new band this year because of her legal problems.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 10-02-2004, 11:40 PM   #68
agentsmith
rap geisha

courtney love can suck my dick.

my nonexistant one...but still.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:51 PM   #69
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Courtney Love pleads guilty to disorderly conduct

Wednesday, October 20, 2004 Posted: 4:51 PM EDT (2051 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rocker Courtney Love pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct Wednesday for hitting a clubgoer on the head with a microphone stand during a performance.

Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Melissa Jackson granted Love a conditional discharge, meaning her case will be sealed after one year if she pays the victim $2,236 to cover medical expenses, joins a drug-treatment program and does not commit any other crimes.

If Love violates the conditions, she could face 15 days in jail.

"I just wanted it to be over," Love said after the hearing, wearing a long, light-brown suede coat lined with fur. "I played a rock show. I didn't do anything. I wasn't on drugs. Playing a rock show had nothing to do with drugs."

The case stems from an incident in March, when Love hit Gregory Burgett, 24, of London, Kentucky, with a microphone stand as he watched her show at a Manhattan nightclub.

Burgett needed three staples in his head to close the wound, and Love was arrested on misdemeanor charges of reckless endangerment and third-degree assault. Those charges were reduced to one charge of disorderly conduct.

Asked outside court whether she had met or spoken to Burgett, Love replied: "I don't know who that was, but he has a medical bill and I'm paying it."

The rocker also faces a felony assault charge in California for allegedly attacking a woman with a liquor bottle at an ex-boyfriend's home in April. A preliminary hearing is set for October 27.

Love, 40, the widow of Nirvana singer Kurt Cobain, was formerly the lead singer of the band Hole. She had to delay a concert tour with her new band this year because of her legal problems.

-Dr. Seuss
Old 10-20-2004, 11:07 PM   #70
LadyCrow
WhY sO SiRiUs?

Wow. To think that someone who has talent & a giant set of cojones (which can be a very useful thing, especially in the music business) have such a low regard for her own life (not to mention the life of her daughter, who's effected by her mother's actions). It's sad to see her going downhill like this.

Sigh.

"If there is a bedrock principle of the First Amendment, it is that the government may not prohibit the expression of an idea simply because society finds the idea itself offensive or disagreeable."

-- Justice William J. Brennan
(1906-1997) U. S. Supreme Court Justice
Source: Texas vs. Johnson, 1989

Illegitimi non carborundum...

Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger. - Heath Ledger
LadyCrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 05:21 PM   #71
zenbabe
Lollypop!

Tearful Courtney Love ordered into rehab facility
Aug 19 3:41 PM US/Eastern

By Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A judge ordered a tearful Courtney Love into an in-patient substance abuse facility on Friday after the troubled rock singer admitted to violating the terms of her probation by using drugs.

Love broke down in quiet sobs as Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Rand Rubin warned that he was prepared to send her to jail because he felt she needed "to hit rock bottom" before she was ready to overcome her drug addiction.

But Rubin said the performer's lawyers persuaded him to give her one more chance to avoid incarceration by placing her immediately into a "chemical dependency center."

"I'm convinced that you need either a long-term (treatment) program or a long-term stay in the county jail," Rubin said.

After regaining her composure, the 41-year-old former singer of the band Hole and widow of Nirvana rocker Kurt Cobain was ushered out of the courthouse by sheriff's deputies and her lawyers without speaking to reporters.

The judge ordered Love to return to court on September 16 to review her progress and levy a sentence for her probation violation, which stems from an incident last month in which Love was taken by ambulance from the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel to a hospital.

Love's representatives said at the time that she had merely felt faint, but city fire officials said they were responding to a report of a drug overdose. Police said a crime report was taken that night under the name of "Courtney L."

In court papers, prosecutors said only that the singer had been under the influence of a "controlled substance." But Deputy District Attorney Gina Satriano has told reporters the allegation involved "some sort of narcotic."

Love's attorney, Howard Weitzman, acknowledged to reporters that his client has suffered a "relapse" but was determined to "move forward" in her recovery.

Satriano said the judge could impose further probation conditions on Love, and up to a year in jail, when she returns to court next month.

In the meantime, Love will remain at an undisclosed residential treatment facility. She previously had been ordered to undergo out-patient drug rehabilitation in connection with two previous drug cases.

She entered guilty pleas in May 2004 and in February of this year to separate charges of being under the influence of cocaine and illegal possession of the painkiller oxycodone.

She also pleaded no contest in February to a misdemeanor assault charge for attacking a woman at the home of her ex-boyfriend last April. In October of 2004, she pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct for hitting a man in the head with a microphone stand at a New York nightclub. Until now, she has received no jail time in any of those cases.

-Dr. Seuss

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: