ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2003, 08:00 AM   #1
amanda
old s'cool

The best of YOUR blog

How many of us have blogs* now? c'mon kids, show those hands- raise 'em up high.

Yep, thought so. There's quite a few of us.

Yet, a lot of great thoughts and writing slip away over the course of time in those blogs. Dig through your archives, find your favorite/best entry and post it here.

If you don't have a blog, start paying attention to your day and post a thought. Reflection is heaps of fun.

*blog- n. contraction of the words "web" and "log", a journal posted on the internet so the world can know your inner-most thoughts, or what you had for breakfast this morning. usually both kinds of entries will receive the same amount of response.
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 10:57 AM   #2
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

well, mandy??? c'mon, giv'her. what's YOUR best blog entry?

i have no idea which one was my best.... i think that's up to others to decide. to me, each one is awkward and personally revealing. and too many are too trite.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 12:03 PM   #3
ambo
feline, naturally

don't have a blog
just a very bloggy head
all those thoughts running around
makes a girl crazy sometimes
Old 06-14-2003, 12:36 PM   #4
beckstra
one classy broad

tuesday ( 10.9.02 )
Oh-wee-ew, I look just like Buddy Holly. I'm a hazard to myself, don't let me get me. I'm real. I like big butts and I cannot lie. I'm an outkast, don't ever count me out. I wish you were here. I want to rock'n'roll all night, and party every day. I still haven't found what I'm lookin for. I want money, lots and lots of money. I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life. I can't stand up and I can't fall down cause I'm somewhere in the middle of this. I've got a crush on you.

www.inthedryer.blogspot.com
Old 06-14-2003, 01:33 PM   #5
lapietra
half baked

Quote:
Originally posted by ambo
don't have a blog
just a very bloggy head
all those thoughts running around
makes a girl crazy sometimes
That's what the blog's for Get those thoughts down and out of your head... or at least somewhere where you can look at them and go, "Huh. That doesn't sound so crazy... "
I started mine to save my friends from my rambling monologues It's been a great tool.

Here's a good place to go to create one:

blogspot.com

You can have a public blog (that means random people will come across your blog without you giving them the URL) or a private blog (no one but you and the people you specifically choose will see it).
You can add the ability for people to comment (or not), change the template, add links...
Old 06-14-2003, 01:41 PM   #6
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Well, my sweet spouse (who took our daughter away for the weekend to visit Grandma) and his buddy have a blog to which I occasionally contribute. My favorite entry, however, was not written by any of us, but by Katie in her best journalistic moment:

Katie's Tribute to Buddy
Old 06-14-2003, 05:12 PM   #7
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Yeah, I think "Best of" is best left to the fans, or in this case the people reading it.

So instead, I will share with you my entry for today.

Cipro + Alcohol = DO NOT MIX & the PUPPIEEEEEESSSSS
I went out w/my friends last night, to the Water Street Brewery. They make their own beer (God, I love Milwaukee), and I have a Raspberry Ale. Only 12oz, but halfway through it, my back starts killing me like when the kidney infection first started. OW!!! So Jason finished my beer for me & I stuck to water. Spoke to my grandma for a good half an hour this morning, she said NO ALCOHOL while on Cipro. Bah. Had I known that I would've just not ordered one. I also got to ask how many kidney infections she had before she had to get her transplant, etc. She said I have a much better chance of not having a transplant, b/c I am taking care of my kidneys NOW, w/the meds I am taking. (I'm taking HBP meds that are half for the HBP, half to protect my kidney) So that made me feel better. I DONT want a transplant.

Did I mention Jason's dog had puppies? They are ADORABLE!!!!!! There is one that fell for me a bit & me for him. His name is Jake & he looks like Snoopy. He's black, but has a white diamond on his head & a little white on the scruff of his neck & all 4 paws & legs are white, as well as his tummy. I am in LOOOOOOVE.

The only problem is that Jason's brother Jeff saw him first, and he took a shine to Jeff, too. And while I love Jakers in the purest form, with all my heart, I know deep down that I could never keep him. He's a puppy now, and soooooo cuuuuuuute, but he is an English Springer Spaniel, he will be the size of a small horse by this time next year. My dog is 15# and very low to the ground, he just turned 11 yesterday. That is part of his charm, that I can just pick him up & hug him when I need to. So Jake is outta the question, not to mention what my landlord would say. But that doesn't mean I can't go play w/them tonight.

First I'm going to walk my own dog, see if he'll go 2 miles with me. I need a walk & so does he. Breakfast this AM was awesome. I cut up 2 kiwifruits & mixed them w/a half pint of raspberries. I also had a meatless sausage patty & 2 Kashi blueberry waffles w/ICBINB spray.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 07:57 PM   #8
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

maybe this:

Wednesday, June 11, 2003
i am at odds.
i am at odds.
i am at odds with my very exsistence.

i am black and white
i am night and day
i am pink and blue
and i am living in a world
of one person / one option

i want to stay
i want to go

i want to run
i want to sit

i want to fight
and i want to rest, weary from battle

i want her and him
i want this and that
i want a home
and i want a backpack and my trusty boots

and when the seconds tick
i stare at the options
slipping away

and the world pigeonholes me into categories
too narrow to capture my existence
and i watch the layers
being applied over
my still and dimming core
and somewhere
deep inside the seeds of my soul
i hear a scream
a prayer
a song
a chant
a wish that i may burn through the layers
and let the fire inside
consume the costume
let it rage
so strong
its glow becomes a beacon to everyone
who defines their being
with a question mark

a beacon
to collect
to share
to fight for the human right
to be this and that
to be night and day
to be pink and blue

and
the word "opposite"
will flash to ashes in our flame
as we bring the harsh ends of the linear
into our arms
and hug them into a circle
where all existence blends
into gentle curves.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 12:09 AM   #9
ambo
feline, naturally

Quote:
Originally posted by lapietra
That's what the blog's for Get those thoughts down and out of your head
na, i'm already too self-involved
Old 06-15-2003, 02:20 AM   #10
amanda
old s'cool

yep, yer darn tootin', it's self-involved, ambo. humans are a self-involved lot. but such beauty can come out of our ablility to wonder, to try to make sense of it all.

I think it's a good thing that people pay more attention to what they are doing with their lives- too much trouble happens when we don't.

Last edited by amanda : 06-15-2003 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-15-2003, 02:04 PM   #11
imdrsmooth

All I want is some dinner

Last night a friend and I went out to get some dinner. This seems like a simple task but by combining both of our powers, it makes for a difficult time. The first stop was McDonalds. Jon and I stopped at a McDonalds on our drive to Vegas and to my surprise, they had garden burgers there. I figured the Vegas McDonalds would as well.

First McDonalds: Closed at 10pm.

Second McDonalds a few blocks away: open but no garden burgers.

Panda Express: Not really a good choice but they have rice and chow mein noodles or so I thought. I should have figured almost everything would be gone at 10pm.
My friend drove back to McDonalds and ordered some food and I said I'd just buy something at the grocery store. I was in the mood for some mac and cheese but a four for $10 sale of Tony's Pizza caught my eye. With four pizzas and a bottle of Ruby Red Grapefruit in my hands, I headed back to the car. I was then informed by my friend that the hotel rooms do not have ovens. They have stoves and microwaves but no ovens. So to end the story, I now know that microwaved Tony's Pizza tastes good and that it can be 98 degrees at 10pm in Vegas.
Old 06-15-2003, 02:55 PM   #12
red
elite rabble

For me, the best is yet to be written.
red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 03:18 PM   #13
ambo
feline, naturally

Quote:
Originally posted by amanda
yep, yer darn tootin', it's self-involved, ambo. humans are a self-involved lot. but such beauty can come out of our ablility to wonder, to try to make sense of it all.

I think it's a good thing that people pay more attention to what they are doing with their lives- too much trouble happens when we don't.
i am all for wondering, trying to make sense of it all, and trying to pay attention to what i'm doing
but having a blog is not essential to any of those things
i just don't need to put everything into writing, and i don't assume that anyone wants to read every trite thought that enters my little mind
Old 06-15-2003, 03:46 PM   #14
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
Originally posted by ambo
i am all for wondering, trying to make sense of it all, and trying to pay attention to what i'm doing
but having a blog is not essential to any of those things
i just don't need to put everything into writing, and i don't assume that anyone wants to read every trite thought that enters my little mind
This is why no one has a link to mine. For me it's cathartic to just go back & read through.

Last edited by priceyfatprude : 06-15-2003 at 03:49 PM.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 07:25 PM   #15
amanda
old s'cool

of course, ambo. everyone is different. I'm glad everyone doesn't have a blog. some people love dancing with the words in their head and do it extremely well. others express their isness through singing, building bridges, raising children, creating images, buying drinks for the lonely guy at the end of the bar...

there are several people around here who can turn their seemingly trite thoughts into something that says more to all of us. I've been continuously impressed by their abilities to do this, so I wanted to encourage them to share where we could all appreciate it. I hope you can too.

Quote:
Originally posted by Deviate
well, mandy??? c'mon, giv'her. what's YOUR best blog entry?
well, the New York City memory collage seems to be a favorite among you guys who visit, but this one is probably my best attempt to make sense of it all.

Saturday, June 14, 2003
The sweet cherry wine is to help the time spill away.
I don't even like sweet wines.

But, if I have a Japanese summer all to myself, melting into the sultry warm night with lips tasting of sweet cherry wine is a small consolation.

a very small one.

I guess what I'm looking at now is articulation- I will never have the chance to live this again, so I better take the time to experience and put it all together as best I can now.

Let me put it this way: I'm a kid in a museum looking at a masterpiece...no, LIVING in a masterpiece. I can barely make sense of what I see- but the difficulty doesn't just stop there. Oh no. Not even close.

The problem is, if I want to share what little coherency I have of this beauty, I must leave the masterpiece, leave the museum, find a park bench to sit down and tell the pigeons all about it (people come and go, but pigeons stay where the crumbs are) .

But why is this a problem, you ask?

Because timing is everything- or at least, a very large something. The masterpiece is always shifting. Everything I see today will be slightly different tomorrow- just like you can never go home again. And the price I've paid for the admission to the museum is huge after the opportunity costs are added in (which are still being tallied, by the way. Okay, okay...yes, I MIGHT have gained proportionally more opportunities than I've lost, but that is hard to see that in the thick of it.) What it boils down to is that I better do the best I can while I'm in it, because I'm not coming back. I can't.

In the meantime, sweet cherry wine should help take away some of the turpintine aftertaste of this painted world that I live.

Last edited by amanda : 06-15-2003 at 07:55 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: