ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 4.64 average. Display Modes
Old 01-12-2004, 09:40 PM   #1
Deus751
monkey

Question Scientific philosophy

Here is a theory i worked up over night. it may be lame but i want to see how it pans out. critizise or add on.

THEORY ON NEXT POST

Looking like a fallen God buried deep in the sand,
The music in strings sadness and love.

Looking at the sky of darkness, as a face of black looks with disregard,
stareing, seething, whispering, laughing at those lost Gods.

Walking over the ruins of metal and scrap, reading contempt and hatred on their lips,
a noise fills my brain unrelentlessly with a tap and a ting.

Walking through the gardens with a soft touch seeing the colors of love and forgiveness,
a lost violin floating among understanding and expression.

The sky, a swirl of black on black draining the life of planets,
as the light passes over my blind eyes the world stretches before me to the ends of time.
Deus751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:41 PM   #2
Deus751
monkey

Theory

Time and why we can't understand.

What is time? It is one thing that still baffles humankind to this day. A concept that may have been created by humans and yet still is not understood. What makes us not understand time is space and matter.

To many people time must be a straight line. To people who believe in fate that is. To many people who believe this belief for an outcome to occur that is constant and must come true. Then it is in one exact point in time this action or occurrence must take place. And for that to happen. For a true fateist everything must come true as foretold or not. But to be played out as designed. To the very last detail. That is the true essence of fate. So the point is laid on the graph and every dot to it. And because time is uninterrupted by its very nature. The only shape these dots can make is a straight line. Point A to point B. Move the point at all and the number of dots req. to reach it has increased or decreased. Move point B anywhere else where the number of dots or the amount of time are the same and the out come has changed or the location of B is different.

Now some people believe that there is a loose fate. That only one significant event matters and the route to get there is open as long as the event takes place. Which I find strange because to people only events that affect people or large quantities of people are significant. While a grain of sand being in a certain location may be significant for other reasons. But what is strange is that these events have to effect something at all. And these stay constant. But it makes it seem that there is something deciding what is important and what isn’t. But besides that, the point is that on this graph of time. There are only two ways to get to point B in the same amount of time. But infinite ways in various amounts of time. The two that takes the same amount of time are opposites and those are the only ways to go about it.

Cause and effect is one more theory of time. This is represented by a line bouncing off the walls per say. Not a random line because there are still rules. A person dies, this affects other people and they react according to their personality etc. So this line is drawn in a seemingly random way but if given a closer look the path can be predicted. Or at least to a closer proximity.

Then there is the theory that time is random and that people are unpredictable and some things just don’t follow rules. And that would show as a line randomly being drawn. Not knowing where to end.

Then a theory that makes the most sense and yet the least. That time is non-existent. And that everything happens at once and all the time. The only difference is the area it happens in. Think of all the layers of time of one location. One layer being one second for example. The next, the next second. Now think of that for all time. A lot of sheets right? Now think of them compressed into one sheet. It would be a mighty mess. But also think, what if our brains can only receive one “second” of information at a time. And we react and affect this one second. Of space or matter, and create the next “second”. But time is mixed together but we can only receive the current happenings. That would be that everything is happening all the time. But what makes this theory so convincing is the graph. The last graph was done in two-dimension. Assuming that there was a thing called time only one event could happen at one spot at one time. So a two-dimensional graph would suffice. Now for this we would need to add one more axis. The z axis to the already existing x and y. x and y being the way to measure time between events and the ability to determine the difference between events. This is a factor in time because that is the only true way that we can even begin to explain time or even tell that it exists. Z will now have to be the location of events, now that more than one event can exist in one location at a time. Once you start applying this then. Three-dimensional shapes appear. The same amount of dimension as in our world. Now, we can determine distance and location as a constant. There are rules to this, laws of science that has to be followed. And we can also tell the difference between events and how they work, because we have names for them and explanations on how they work . Now the only thing we cannot accurately determine and have as an applied constant is the flow of time. The only way be can measure time is the sun and not even that is constant. It always has to be adjusted or rechecked. For example, in a pitch black room there is a chair. You can feel it. And can find its location. Even know were it is in the room, ten steps from the right wall etc. it falls over you can tell what has happened by noise and feeling that the chair has been tipped. But what you cannot determine is the time flow. How much time it took, how long it has been upright or fallen over. It could feel like ten minutes or twenty. With out the sun or a clock which is based on the suns movements to tell who knows? Also then when location is involved. Our measurements do not work anymore. Because it is based on the sun, the only moving thing that moves at a constant pace, that means time is different everywhere on the globe. Hence time zones except every inch, millimeter has a different time. We only have hour differences to make it easier to measure events. This is because time is still a subject that is not fully understood. To make this more clear. Lets see why it doesn’t make sense. The two dimensional graph made perfect sense because you didn’t have to worry about location. The events would happen in order so you could tell time was moving on. With out movement time cannot be measured. And that is how the idea was first thought of. Now once you learn about location time goes into a spin. So time lets say time is taken out of the picture. Try to explain a three dimensional object with a two axis graph. Let alone describe how the world works in the two axis sense, of location and event, the two axis left over. Its applying a two axis idea with a three dimensional concept.

Walking over the ruins of metal and scrap, reading contempt and hatred on their lips,

Walking through the gardens with a soft touch seeing the colors of love and forgiveness,

as the light passes over my blind eyes the world stretches before me to the ends of time.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:20 PM   #3
masterofNone
________

i remember doing acid! it's fun isn't it?!
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:41 PM   #4
special K
askldjnasd fde

"Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past.
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable.
What might have been is an abstraction
Remaining a perpetual possibility
Only in a world of speculation.
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present.
Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden. My words echo
Thus, in your mind.
But to what purpose
Disturbing the dust on a bowl of rose-leaves
I do not know." - t.s. eliot

when i was 19 i was extremely obsessed with the idea of time. to the point where i would get angry at someone for asking me something like "how are you today?". then i became anorexic and forgot all about it.

no, actually that's a lie. i never forgot about it.
special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:48 PM   #5
Deus751
monkey

ah ic

hey its good to hear that someone else is interested. haha i was getting worried for a second. time is a very interesting subject. for me philosophy in a sychological and sientific aspect is a passion of mine. i belive that everything in this world occult, paranormal, mythical etc. all thats unexplained can be. there is nothing that cannot be. so i guess this post is kind of a test to see how much of an awdience i have. (dispite my horrible spelling, no explaination needed hehe) i hope to find a large one out there.

Old 01-12-2004, 11:11 PM   #6
special K
askldjnasd fde

well, as far as philosophy goes, so far i've found that there is a great deal of ideas to disagree with, and very very very little to actually believe in or stand by. i find most everything to be baseless on the whole.
special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 11:42 PM   #7
Deus751
monkey

maybe

well yes there are alot to disagree with. but stand by what you belive in. me i really could care less about many things. philosophy is an opinion and reasoning on a subject. it really isn't anything to stand by. its ur opinion. now if ur talking about the majorites answer to philosophical questions i can agree with you there. i disagree with many of them. there is alot to this world if you know people. and how people think. things after that seem more material. that may be why things seem so non-chalant and more like numbers.

Old 02-05-2004, 08:21 AM   #8
amfromme
monkey

I missed this thread when I first joined a week or so ago. Maybe it's too late to add to it. I hope not.

In doing some research on higher spatial dimensions I found a forum that discussses time and many other matters related to theoretical physics.
http://www.MKaku.org/forums/

Once you get there and you go inside the Higher Dimensions category there will be a thread called "Time!!!". This is a pretty long winded discussion but will be truly worth your while if you like exploreing this kind of thing. Actually there are tons of interesting topics talked about all through this forum.

This may be the large audience you are looking for Deus 751. Perhaps this will help you find more information to support your ideas. Let me know what you discover.

AMF
amfromme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 06:53 PM   #9
fodder

moel finds a friend
Old 02-06-2004, 12:30 AM   #10
Deus751
monkey

thnks

hey thanks i will have to check that site out as well. i am glad that somone still reads these old forums haha. that is most appreciated.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: