Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-11-2004, 04:21 PM   #16
Frieda
in limbo

Quote:
Originally posted by catbelly
LOL zen I am sending out a telepathic signal to all my "oriental" relatives to follow you around on the highway

Seriously, though. I really hate that statements like that can just pass by without comment here at this board. I know not everyone feels like that, and I do recognize the people here who stand up to racist bullshit ... it just grosses me out to see comments like that and no reaction whatsoever. It makes me feel like racism is supported here, and that makes me uncomfortable even being here. I would really like to know what Ze thinks about this, actually.

FWIW I think MoN's post about stereotyping older drivers as being shitty was right on. Of course if someone's physical capabilities prevent them from driving properly / well, they should not be able to have a license. Of course people's capabilities deteriorate with age. It's not a given, though, that people's capabilities deteriorate at the same rate, some people's capabilities that affect driving may not deteriorate at all.
ze only jumps in if things go too far, he usually just lets us be us and sort it out ourselves.

personally, i don't think the comment on oriental drivers was meant literally. if it was, then so be it, it's an opinion that i don't share and it tells me more about the owner of that opinion than about oriental driving styles.

yeah, racism sucks. but still, i think that this comment was made to make fun of stereotypes and because MoN "defended" older drivers.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 12:53 AM   #17
Reader
monkey

Hmm, yeah, if you want to know who I want to have their asses kicked, it's the 40 year old white guys in their SUVs or threatening 250s, etc. who like to zoom up behind you and ride your butt when you're not even in the fast lane. I HATE that!!!

But since I have a lot of guy friends in their 40s who drive those vehicles, never mind. I know what Zenbabe means. Like, my dad is 85. He is still a good driver. BUT! Only in his little small town going to the coffee shop or the grocery store. He wouldn't drive in heavy traffic. He, luckily, knows that he is no longer good at that.

So yes, folks after a certain age should be tested. But then again, so should I! I keep getting these "renewal" stickers for my license. I haven't even had to go in for a new picture in I don't know how long.

It's crazy I tell you, crazy!

But how 'bout those Astros (with Roger baby)!? Hahahahaha!!!!
Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 11:54 PM   #18
Deus751
monkey

passion

haha you know this may have little to do with old people, but i feel that people are lossing the passion and respect for their vehicles. and passion and respect for driving and their vehicles is what makes people safe. the learn to drive better and know the bounderies of their vehicle too. drving fast and crazy has nothing to do witth it if you know how to handle youre vehicle. accidents happen when you lose the respect for a moving piece of gears and aluminum that could smash you on the road without a second thought but at the same time carry you over great distances and be increadibly fun to drive. people on their goddamn cell phones or people who forget that they arn't the only ones on the road should be banned. you know everyones seen them. the people who do a lane change and just assume its clear. ****ing bozos like that. and fyi i find the people that i almost get hit by are 60% white females. 20% white males, 10%other. cause the percentages are small per catagory after that. and yes i did write them all down for a 3 month period.

Looking like a fallen God buried deep in the sand,
The music in strings sadness and love.

Looking at the sky of darkness, as a face of black looks with disregard,
stareing, seething, whispering, laughing at those lost Gods.

Walking over the ruins of metal and scrap, reading contempt and hatred on their lips,
a noise fills my brain unrelentlessly with a tap and a ting.

Walking through the gardens with a soft touch seeing the colors of love and forgiveness,
a lost violin floating among understanding and expression.

The sky, a swirl of black on black draining the life of planets,
as the light passes over my blind eyes the world stretches before me to the ends of time.
Deus751 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: