ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2004, 03:31 PM   #31
Willow Sylph
monkey

*bump*

More, more, more!
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:34 AM   #32
madasacutsnake
no more nice girl

Dear Snake @ 18,

Trust your instinct on that big decision. You won't ever doubt yourself but I just want you to know that you chose the right thing and it will work out.

Your two closest friends will let you down. It will take you some years to realise that you're not going to get past the hurt and that it won't ever be the same. Don't waste too much time on them. You won't get what you need from them. People change, accept it. Other friends will come along and they'll be way more than you ever could have expected.

On the same note, accept that your mother is ill and don't be hurt by the things she says and does. Don't waste too much time feeling sorry for her either. She's a grown-up with the same capacity for self-examination as every-one else. She simply chooses not to. It means she will go through this life happy and unfulfilled. This isn't your problem nor responsibility. You'll be happier once your realise that the situation will never change. Once you allow yourself to be the grown-up, things will be easy to cope with. And don't forget, you get to choose her nursing home. And have her cremated. That's gotta be worth something.

If you ever receive a wedding invitation with a request for cash instead of a gift, don't go.

You're going to be angry for many years. Don't be angry at your little one. She's the only one you'll have and she's a gentle soul. Save it for those people who deserve it and use it wisely. You'll know how and when and you'll also surprise yourself with your capacity to scare sense into people. It's a useful skill, lucky you.

Love,

Snake @ 34

P.S. The dates you choose for that trip in 2005? Stick with those because the pilots of that dodgy korean airline go on strike for a couple of months just after you arrive home.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:15 AM   #33
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Dear Trish @ 18:

Remission does not mean forever. I think you've forgotten that. Prepare.

Cordially,
Trish @ 40.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:41 AM   #34
smellyrayzin
mrs. self destruct

dear susie at 18,

it's been what, 20 days since i've seen you last?
i know things are sh1t right now, but.....
it's only going to get worse.

p.s. dont apply for that job. you are going to get it, and hate it.

+ my website
+ my photo site
smellyrayzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 AM   #35
AllegroNg
What I Am Wearing.

Dearest Ng @ 18,
First off, make Dawn feel her boobies. And make her doctor take that thing out *early.* This'll be your only true regret.
Brace yourself for your Soph, Jr year @ college. A *lot* will change, but you have to learn to adapt anyway.
It'll only get better. Trust me.
Heart,
Ng @ 26
AllegroNg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:58 PM   #36
karma_queen
Minx

dear 18 year old karma queen

so it's only been two years since i was you, but i just wanted to let you know not to apply for the waittressing job. you'll come out the other side with little money, low self esteem, and hating yourself and everyone you work with. go and work in offices. it's not as steemy, much cleaner and better paid. also, don't be so planned when you backpack. take things as they come, get into the travelling mood. and don't worry about your exam results so much. you know you didn't work very hard, but the results you did gain will take you to where you want to be.

love, karma queen at 20

Last edited by karma_queen : 09-27-2005 at 03:01 PM.
karma_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 04:28 PM   #37
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Dear Coffee @ 18.

I already know you didn't get this letter...but wtf, I have to write it anyhow to preserve a past in which you didn't get it.
Even though at the moment you have great dreams and desires...get over them, they aren't going to work out quite like you hope. That Pilot thing...forget it, you will soon come to realize that that is just a glorified bus driver's job, and by the time I'm writing this the days of high paying airline pilot jobs will just be a long gone memory anyhow.

As for financial success...take a small business course or two while in school...not sure if it would have helped, but it couldn't have hurt. Sure you had no plans of starting your own biz at that time...but you never know.

Oh, and that dream of living on a boat? I've just been reasearching the numbers in 2005 dollars...and you should have looked into that earlier and not considered it a "pipe dream". It would have been even more doable and easier to slip into that lifesyle before accumulating so much CRAP over the years.

If I can offer you any advice, even knowing you won't get it...In a few years, forget about Carol...while you obsess about that charismatic Dead Head waste of oxygen, you will fail to notice that Lisa is Totaly into you and she is 1000X the woman Carol is...that was, so far, your biggest life **** up dude. I can't imagine that anything will compare to that missed opportunity. And by the time you will realize it, she will be long gone and you won't be able to find her.
If anything will make you jolt awake at night crying over spilt milk from then till now, that will be it.

But you are definitly not as worthless as you consider yourself to be right now. Your have and will have skills you can't even imagine right now, and personality traits that will endear many folks to you. Hang in there dude (I of course know you will) because there are some really terrific people coming into your life soon who will show you yourself through their eyes, and help you to see it too.

Love,
You @ 41
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:15 PM   #38
Max Headroom
monkey

Dear Max at 18,

Keep on keepin' on good buddy.

Sincerely,

You at a later date

Fashion takes something beautiful and over time makes it ugly.
Max Headroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 07:20 PM   #39
Zeismyhero
Happy just to dance w/you

Dear Serena @ 18 -

You're not going to believe any of what I tell you, because you've always wanted to figure things out for yourself, and that's OK. I don't have the power to protect you from the heartache you'll find, nor can I describe the joy you'll experience. I'm really only writing this to let you know you'll be fine.

You've come a long way already. You're stronger than you think. You know all that time you spent alone as a kid, making "potions", reading books and drawing, imagining you were somewhere far, far away,? Well, being able to be alone will come in handy...there are people you'll meet that will try to make you think you need them to survive. Trust your instincts - you don't need anyone.

Don't try to find people you think you "need"; look for people you want in your life.

All those letters dad will write to you? Honey, don't answer them. Its pointless. He doesn't even know what he's saying. You're not a bad person. No, no...you're not. And somewhere in there, he knows that what he's saying isn't true. Think of some of the good memories and focus on them. Don't hate him...he isn't going to be around for much longer. Just let him go. (He's really gone to you already.)

Save money. Make yourself. How many lipglosses does one girl need?!

Regardless of what anyone says, you're not stupid. In fact, you're going to have a kick-ass job and people will tell you you're smart. And its not a job in retail, so don't spend years managing stores just because its comfortable and you don't think you're qualified for anything else.

Keep taking those poetry classes. You do not suck.

I'm proud of you for never feeling sorry for yourself and despite it all, never really having a bad day.

OH - about those instincts? Start relying on them more - they are spot on! So when you meet that man who reminds you of your dad? The one who drinks more than he should and he starts getting...well, you know...a little scary? That moment where you contemplate getting the f*ck out before its too late? Go for it. Otherwise, you'll end up marrying him then getting divorced at 32.

Instead, save your love for the guy you'll meet in Las Vegas. I wish I could show you his picture, but I guess that would be cheating. But you'll know who he is right away...trust me, you'll know because just for an instant, your heart will stop. And every day after you've met, your life will get better and better. You won't even trust it at first...but he's the real thing. I'm so excited for you!

Life is good - you've always known it. Know that you deserve every bit of the happiness you'll find.

I am watching over you. And I love you. I promise, its going to be better than your best dreams...

Serena @ 34
Zeismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 11:06 PM   #40
Hermione
monkey

this is my favorite thread.
Hermione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:33 AM   #41
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

Mine too, but I couldnt even begin to start typing. My head can't grasp the introspection it would take. Wayyyy too hard.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #42
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

send a letter to yourself in the future
trisherina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #43
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Thanks for bumping, Trish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
There is going to be one unthinkable loss that will send you reeling and make you question your faith and your will to live.
Avvy, this one still makes me tear up. *hugs* to you.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #44
Frieda
in limbo

dear Frieda @ 18,

when i wrote you my last letter 2 years ago i had no idea of what was coming a few weeks later. i'm not going into details but it's going to suck monkey ass and it will turn your life around. nothing will ever be the same. this will turn out to be a very good thing.

don't try to be strong, that doesn't work. don't be afraid of yourself, just be yourself.

Frieda @ 26

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #45
Mini Zoomba
Novel Fodder

Dear Mini Zoomba @18:

Please don't make the mistake of smoking, drinking and all that other stuff just because Mitchell did. Have you not noticed yet that he's dead? There's a reason for that. The smoking girl - quitting isn't a walk in the park - and with your heart, it's the last thing you should be doing.

Do not assume that your father is right when he tells you that it's a good thing you got the looks, because you sure didn't get the brains. Ignore him and major in something useful the first time around. Don't worry about trying to prove anything to him, he won't believe it.

In three years, you'll meet Rod. Run. He likes boys.

It's not you - Patti hates everybody in the family. Remember, Dad told her she got the brains without the looks. Move on.

Treat your mother gently. Enjoy her humor and ignore her faults. She isn't long for this world. One day in the distant future you will look in the mirror and see her again. Surprisingly, this will not bother you.

Mark is the best thing that will ever happen to you. Cherish him.

Love,

Mini Zoomba +40
this was more painful than I expected...
Mini Zoomba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: