ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > GOOD READING
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2003, 12:29 AM   #16
maychorian
always somewhere else

1. When do you do must of your reading?

I carry a book in my backpack and pull it out whenever I get a chance. But yeah, most of my reading is right before I sleep or right after I wake up. No wonder I have such weird dreams.

2. what was the first book you ever read? and i don't mean robert munch, dr seuss, or mercer mayer.

I'm not sure, but I think that the first big, really intimidating book I ever read was The Swiss Family Robinson. It took me a couple of tries to get into it, but once I got past the first chapter I was hooked. That was in third grade.

3. what's the sadest story you've ever read? A story that made feel sad, or very sad for the character(s).

A book called "Far From Home." I can't remember the author. It's about a girl who's getting over the death of her twin brother, while her family has adopted two kids, one of which is a boy who has the same name as her dead brother. Great potential for schmaltzy sentimentality, but I liked it.

4. what is the most personally inspiring, for whatever reason, story you have ever read?

Lord of the Rings. Got me into fantasy, into writing, into all kinds of things.

5. would you rather read a joan collins romance, or a john douglas true crime?

Um. Probably true crime, but only little bits, not all at once. Come to think of it, I guess I could stand little bits of romance now and then, too. But not all at once.

6. true or false: moel should be reading haruki murakami, and not wasting time with lame questions.

Most definitely false. Though you should read, too. Always read. Someday you'll be reading my books, maybe.
maychorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 01:39 AM   #17
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Re: These weren't terrible, so there :P

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyCrow
3. what's the sadest story you've ever read? A story that made feel sad, or very sad for the character(s).
-"She's Come Undone"; can't remember the author @ the moment, but it's one of the only books I've only read once.. good, but depressing too
Wally Lamb. Great book.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 01:02 PM   #18
photosbylara

Re: (not so)terrible questions about reading

Quote:
Originally posted by moel
* questions, yeah, i'm curious.

1. When do you do must of your reading? *My mind is numb I haven't read a good book in a while. I vow to go to the library today!

2. what was the first book you ever read? and i don't mean robert munch, dr seuss, or mercer mayer. *'Anne of Green Gables'. Anne is my hero.

3. what's the sadest story you've ever read? A story that made feel sad, or very sad for the character(s). *'The short happy Life of Francis McComber' (sp?) A short story by Ernest Heminway. Also 'the Stranger' by Camu. And my final choice would go to 'the Giving tree'. To this day that selfish boy upsets me!!!!

4. what is the most personally inspiring, for whatever reason, story you have ever read? *'All I Really needed to Know I learned in Kindergarden' by robert Fulghum.

*neither
6. true or false: moel should be reading haruki murakami, and not wasting time with lame questions.
* ^_^
Old 01-05-2004, 02:57 AM   #19
lapietra
half baked

Either in bed before sleep or after waking, or in line somewhere... or sometimes while I'm having a meal.

2. what was the first book you ever read? and i don't mean robert munch, dr seuss, or mercer mayer.
It was either "Little Women", "Black Beauty" or "Heidi", and I was about 5. I'm pretty sure I read all those that year.

3. what's the saddest story you've ever read? A story that made feel sad, or very sad for the character(s). Can't think of one as an adult; when I was a girl I read a story called "The Bird's Christmas Carol", a sentimental late 19th-century story which I'm sure now would make me gag a bit, but then (about age 6) made me cry myself to sleep, then wake up in the middle of the night & cry some more.

4. what is the most personally inspiring, for whatever reason, story you have ever read?
It's a toss-up among The Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Chronicles of Narnia, and Madeleine L'Engle's books (A Wrinkle In Time, A Wind In the Door, A Swiftly Tilting Planet). Lessons about responsibility, loyalty, integrity and honor embedded in thrilling adventure and fantasy - wooah. Should be required reading for everyone.

Ummmm... hate to admit it but I have a real fondness for mystery novels...

there's time for both
Old 01-05-2004, 10:50 PM   #20
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

In bed, anytime. If I've had a bad day the best cure is to lie in bed w/a book & read my cares away.

Well, what about the Berenstein Bears B Book? I really got into the Wind in the Willows. The first set of books that I devoured was The Boxcar Children. I remember the Yellow House Mystery was the one I checked out of the school library the same night that I got sick all over it. Couldn't read it then & we had to replace it.

She's Come Undone was pretty sad.

Can't think of one at the moment.

Depends on the day. They both have their place in my personal library.

Moel should do whatever his lil heart desires.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 02:15 AM   #21
moel

THE correct answer to question 6: Everybody should be reading Haruki Murakami, seriously.
moel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 08:54 PM   #22
Tall Thin Duke
This dog is 1/2 pig!!

Lunchtime or late at night .

Amazon Adventure by Willard Price

The old man and the Sea by Ernest Hemmingway

Sophies World by Jostein Gaarder

I would read my own shit rather than Joan Collins.

Norwegian Wood rocks so i suppose ..........reading Lame ass

"Always remember way tooo skinny women are not only a health risk to themselves but a bloody eyesore to the rest of us pig ignorant males!Give me natrual curves anyday!!!~Dick Ruffly...upon seeing the latest selection of bimbo flotsam onTV .
Tall Thin Duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: