ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 03-29-2006, 09:35 AM   #1351
EmotionalVelcro
Call me Fishmeal

At last, the time has come to announce the winner of this version of the Dictionary Game.

I know you've all been waiting with bated (ahem) breath--but the competition was indeed, um, stiff, and at times I wondered if I was, well, up for the task. Somehow I found the strength and was able to push through to completion of the task at hand.

That said, in honor of one of the apparently more well-known contestants, I've decided this particular version of The Awards should be given a formal name.

And so, without further ado, I present to you "The Dinzies (tm)"

------------------------------

First up, daverbee wins the "Keeping It Semi-Clean" award for:

subreption: An ingrown pimple. When a subreption is popped it tends to send the pus down under the skin causing all sorts of ooey, gooey infections and stuff, so don't.

Not only did daverbee provide a definition, he also provided good advice.

I figured it wasn't enough just give daver a text award and found this, by way of practical award: Keeping It Clean

---------------------------------

Next up, xfox, maintaining a sense of decorum, wins the Truancy Is Relative award for:

subreption: not showing up for work. Martha was excused by her boss for today's subreption, as she is judged on her average, and there's no subreptionism in her history.

This is simply fantastic, and made me want to have xfox as a boss. I did, however, think xfox might appreciate this as a consolation prize.

-----------------------------------

Along those lines, divisionbiscuit (love the name, by the way) provided this tasty nugget, and gets the How To Get Through Four Years Of College free linked award(!) for:

subreption n The act of getting close second place in a test only because of mispelling errors while cheating. If not for Harry's subreptive habits, he could have tied with his desk partner at first place for the class geography test. Origin: Bartholemew H. Subrept, 1922-1980, absent-minded lecturer at Northingham University

This, of course, is where things start to heat up a little.

12"razormix wins the Are You Free For Dinner? free linked award(!) for:

subreption, n. [from Latin sub: under; repere: to crawl] medical term for fellatio performed under a restaurant table

----------------------------------

Man, is it getting warm in here or what?

Up next, Master Jedi wins the Debra Lafave free linked award(!) for:

subreption- the act of fuc*ing your substitute teacher

Madmack wins the Not Quite Classical Dancing award (while simultaneously reminding me of every school dance I ever attended - see www.zefrank.com for dance instructions - shameless plug for Ze) for:

subreption, n.

1)The rapid onset of the male physiological manifestation of lust;
a) [from the spanish - sobre: on ; p'tion: slang form of 'passion' ]
b) [from sub: below ; reption: short form of 'eruption' ]

While locked in the tight grip of a tango, both Juan and Ana were suddenly and acutely aware of Juan's subreption.

--------------------------------------

Building towards the climax of the competition, Coffee tossed in his hat with this ringer, garnering the How To Keep Your Monitor Clean free linked award(!) for:

subreption n.

1. A measure of negative reputation. 2. degree of disrepute 3. attempting to cause disrepute subrept v. 4. becoming despised

Dinzdale's Mum, being unfamiliar with many of the characters on Zeboard, or the great variety of levels of entertainment enjoyed there, worried, quite unneccesarily, that her lad's constant sexual innuendos would cause him subreption on the public message board.

funkytuba wins the Corporal Punishment, Part I award for:

subreption: performing fewer exercises than is prescribed by one's physical therapist, usually found as a column on a session notes sheet

Corporal Dinzdale did only 4 of his 15 squat thrusts while recovering from his groin injury. The subreption was duly noted by the nurse and a proper spanking was applied afterwards.

(Nurses ROCK, especially when they give spankings)

---------------------------

Marcus Bales wins the Corporal Punishment, Part II award for:

subreption; sexually-engendered spanking, from L. sub, under, and repere, punishment.

Corporal Dinzdale did 5 extra squat thrusts after recovering from his groin injury, and the nurse rewarded him by subreption.

(Where is this hospital? I think I need a check-up)

----------------------------

LeahDear, after my own heart, snags the coveted runner-up, er, position, and the It Hurts A LOT, But It Was Worth It award for:

subreption n

An almost crippling injury of the groinal muscles caused by exerting oneself during sex. It seems to only afflict men and is mostly caused when having sex in the spooning position.

------------------------------

And, winning the Foregone Conclusion award, our very own Corporal Dinzdale is the Very Big Grand Prize Winner, with:

subreption n.

Like subliminal advertising, subreption is the practice of craftily inserting phrases or words that the listener subliminally processes, in this case those that cause sexual arousal.

After reading the Dictionary Game and the complex definitions of the latest words, Corporal Dinzdale had the irrestistable urge to be spanked by a nurse, though he had no idea why. He had of course been under subreption.

Congrats, dinz! This version of the Dictionary Game includes your very own free tarp, available here. Good luck trying to cash in on that one.

Oh, and the actual definition of subreption (like it matters):

subreption: 1. A calculated misrepresentation through concealment of the facts. 2. An inference drawn from such a misrepresentation.

Remember, every Zemonkey is a winner in Velcroland.

Last edited by EmotionalVelcro : 03-29-2006 at 09:37 AM.
EmotionalVelcro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:26 AM   #1352
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Wow!
Actual prizes in the Dictionary Game! What a great idea!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #1353
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

I am honoured shocked amazed tickled and flabberghasted.

New word later this morning

*Cha-ching!!!! *
dinzdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:48 PM   #1354
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

I've been thinking all morning, and suddenly it came to me....

Bottomry
Old 03-29-2006, 02:54 PM   #1355
Madmack
..it just started...

Bottomry, n.

1. Prudish victorian term for the house in which a priest or minister lives.
ii. An Anglican rector's office and benefice.

After Sunday eucharist, Reverend Chunderland retired to the bottomry to work a pint of bitter and the coming weeks sermon.

World Travel Tips
Madmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:36 PM   #1356
EmotionalVelcro
Call me Fishmeal

Bottomry, n: A place where derrieres are created by the gods. see foundry

Elizabeth wisely kept her receipt, and was therefore able to trade in her butt at the bottomry.
EmotionalVelcro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 03:40 PM   #1357
daverbee
Key Lime Pie rocks!!!

Bottomry

Land not desired by anyone else due to it's wet, humid nature. Usually found at the ass end of a mountain stream.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:53 PM   #1358
Zatoichi
monkey

Bottomry -- the practice of surveying boats, with particular attention to the soundness of the hull.
Zatoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 11:27 PM   #1359
Master_Jedi
Shaggy

bottomry- used in describing the bottom of a body of water. ie. The lake's bottomry is very silky. Also, used as an adverb when saying someone looks like the bottomry of a body of water ie. Dinzdale's face looks like the bottomry in my pond outside.

Can't wait till next season. =D
Master_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:23 AM   #1360
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

bottomry: A practice first described in Andy Griffith's children's books, whereby animated waist-down entities were bound to indentured servitude for their natural lives. Bottomry tended to be unsuccessful, not for ethical reasons, but simply because the upper and middle classes ultimately viewed personal service from the posterior with distaste.

Lacking real appeal, bottomry eventually made its way to the lower classes, where it was dubbed buttery. From there, its victims made short work of setting themselves free through acts of saburtage, or throwing their ill-made footgear into the means of production.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:12 AM   #1361
12"razormix
° ★ °

bottomry, n.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12"razormix
i think i'll go with "toilet brush holder".
12"razormix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:23 AM   #1362
LeahDear
monkey

Bottomry

A new, ergonomically designed, pile cushion. The original 'ring' design was found to have detrimental effects to the users sphincter with long term use.

Grandpa Fred was over the moon with his new Bottomry(tm) and felt the immediate pain relief in his sphincter.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:09 AM   #1363
divisionbiscuit
monkey

Bottomry [US], Bottomrye [UK] n The lowest slice of bread in a vertically-stored cut loaf. Mother always feeds the bottomry to the birds in the garden.
divisionbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:32 AM   #1364
dinzdale
King of the špatnýs

Judging pm today. (6 or sebven hours from NOW in case you live somewhere else)
Old 03-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #1365
Thinker Pad
monkey

Bottomry, v. [frm old Eng. Buttomie] v. formal act of rudeness esp. while exiting or entering a coach/car/whatnot and butting into a stranger. "That big bodybuilder thinks he's so big; he's buttomrying everyone that wants to get on the train."
Thinker Pad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: