ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2003, 09:42 AM   #1
chuckie egg
a peach

Michael Jackson

Did any UK peeps see THE programme???

What are your thoughts? (Non - UK folk please feel free to add your comments too!)

I feel very sorry for the guy, throughout his whole life he has never experienced 'normality' and therefore does not know what that is.
chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 09:50 AM   #2
dickieC
Professional ZeMonkey

No, I missed it, but I have been reading the web reports on what was in it. I don't feel that sorry for him, he never has to do another day's work in his life. And I suspect his children ought to be taken into care. And he definitely should be stopped sharing his bed with other people's children. I do feel sorry about the nose issue.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:05 AM   #3
chuckie egg
a peach

Twas a very interesting show, he leads a very strange life... which consists mainly of climbing trees, (thats his favourite thing), buying weird stuff (lots of it) like a replica Tutan Khamun tomb (?!?!?!?)

Quite disturbing that he still sleeps with children though... I did however believe him to be genuine when he explained that it wasnt sexual. He is obsessed with children, but in a non sexual way.

He is the classic example that money, fame, or possessions, do NOT make you happy.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:25 AM   #4
amanda
old s'cool

hey now! what's wrong with climbing trees?

i still do it
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 10:30 AM   #5
chuckie egg
a peach

aaah... theres nothing wrong with it! But I bet you would describe it as your favourite thing.... over making love!!

I did also notice that he had someone put HANDLES on the tree.

What a cheat!!!
Old 02-04-2003, 04:07 PM   #6
Frieda
in limbo

it's on dutch tv tonight. i'm not going to watch it, my nose might come off.

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 04:08 PM   #7
chuckie egg
a peach

Aah you should watch it frieda. It makes interesting viewing!
Old 02-05-2003, 12:51 PM   #8
Superkitty

I felt really sorry for him. His life is like some kind of big social experiement where you get a kid and stick him in a glasshouse and then everyone watches him grow up. Its no wonder he turned out weird. His idea for what is normal is so far removed from what ours is.
Old 02-05-2003, 02:12 PM   #9
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

rock on Amanda, me too. there's something magical about sitting in the branches that removes one from the rest of the workaday world and puts one's eyes on happier things. so serene.

and i agree with you Superkitty. the guy's got some problems, but let's not attack him for it. he's still one of the best dancers in the history of the world and an incredible musical artist. just hope one day he can be at peace with himself.

-st.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 02:46 PM   #10
rmr

Ok, I want bash him. Kitty and Deviate made me feel like I'm a mean person. ***bad, rimmer, bad***

The Jackson special is going to air in the states Thursday, I believe at 8:00 pm eastern (please check your local listings), just in case you wanted to put that on your radar screen ( I detest that expression, it remind me of a boss I wanted to slap silly on a daily basis, but I'm in a bit of a self loathing mood today so I plan to use all words and expressions I hate). I saw previews and I'm wondering if someone could explain to me the chairs that Michael and the interviewer were sitting in, were the thrones?
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 03:02 PM   #11
Red Princess
thread soiler

I may watch tonight if it airs in the San Diego area. i feel sorry for the guy because he can never achieve 'normalcy' (how ever you choose to define it) BUT his story reminds me of the saying "power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely". he has been completely corrupted by not hearing "No" And I don't mean 'corrupted' in an evil sense just twisted severely.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:59 PM   #12
noxxville
Disco Maven

It really must do something to you mentally to never really be out of the public eye. I mean, ever since he was a kid he's been watched. You could almost argue that he is more the media's child than his parents. And the media gets and "F" in parenting skills.
Old 02-05-2003, 04:07 PM   #13
sybil
yeah.

see, i feel bad for a guy whose best friend as a child was a rat named ben... or however the story goes... but his upbringing does not justify the fact that he is now engaged in the twisting of his children's minds... i have only seen clips of the interview, but have you seen the masks he makes his kids wear? gee, let's make our kids total f*cked up!!! i mean come on...
sybil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 04:43 PM   #14
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

Quote:
Originally posted by noxxville
And the media gets and "F" in parenting skills.
newsflash, Noxx:

the media's been parenting all of us for the last fifty years. and it's been f***ing us up considerably.

-st.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 04:46 PM   #15
sybil
yeah.

well, that really depends on the shows that you watched, because i really think that mr. drummond and mrs. garret did a knock-up job for me!
sybil is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: