ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FAST CHAT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2003, 02:31 AM   #1
Zyle
No Longer In Hiding

fire

At 4:25 this morning the fire alarm in my building went off. I opened my bedroom door and the corridor was filled with smoke. We spent the next 45 minutes in the car park. Somebody put a loaf of bread, complete with plastic wrapper in the microwave and left it on for 30 minutes+, probably much more according to the fire brigade. The kitchen walls are burnt, the brand new microwave has been destroyed. the kitchen has been taken out of commission and very likely all the others in our building will too. The person/people who did it will not own up, so it is going down as arson. If they are eventually caught, at the least they will have a 500 fine and be rusticated, though it's more likely kicked out of university, having not owned up.
My bedroom smells too bad to sleep, all my windows are open so it's nice and cold too. it's 5:30am, i just want to sleep :'(
I can't believe that somebody I'm *living* here with did this... it could have been so much worse.
Old 02-20-2003, 07:17 AM   #2
Superkitty

There will always be plebs in this world unfortunatly.

I lived with this girl who went away for a weekend in summer and left two heaters in her room on full blast. We wondered why it was so hot in the house.

I'm sure you will find out who did it in the end. Don't forget to make their live a living hell!
Old 02-20-2003, 09:27 AM   #3
RuneT
baaaaah?

What a shame, zyle. Thank god it's a fire alarm in the building. If they bother to investigate they will most likely find the poor sod.

RuneT, respect!!
RuneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 09:36 AM   #4
chuckie egg
a peach

In my experience, you cant be a student and not witness a fire at least once during your course!

Beer + stupid student type late at night = fire! aaargh

Lets hope he/she learns from this and will use their BRAIN next time.

How did the essay go Zyle? That must have been quite a distraction!
chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 09:48 AM   #5
Zyle
No Longer In Hiding

the essay is handed in, and I won the moot so i'm not too mad any more

So they've been questioning people today, my roommate is seeing the bursar atm because she was up at the loo at 3:45 and saw who was still awake and everything. We're all sure who it was, they've already been questioned once. Hopefully my roomie's new info will get the hauled back in for some tougher questions. am 99% sure it was them, they were at the window in the kitchen when I came out of my room for gods sake... it's the second time in a week that one of them has been answering questions about their behaviour... he got arrested after having a fight with a taxi driver last week because he couldn't afford to pay. It's weird, he normally seems like a really nice guy but when he's drunk or stoned he turns into the world's biggest arsehole. Drugs are baaaaad, mkay?
Old 02-20-2003, 10:01 AM   #6
chuckie egg
a peach

Nice one, I hate essays. They are evil.

I hope your roomie gets a blasting. I remember when I was in Halls in my first year, some people decided to have a flour and water fight preceding a Halloween party. This makes glue, and when rubbed into carpet does not make easy cleaning!

We ALL had to pay for a new carpet to be fitted. grrrrr
chuckie egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 10:07 AM   #7
Zyle
No Longer In Hiding

oh god that's so unfair. They're gonna take all our kitchen stuff away from us, we just got brand new microwaves and toasters and they're all gonna go cos of two total arseholes.
Old 02-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #8
Zyle
No Longer In Hiding

OK so I had to talk to the warden about it all earlier as I was awake at the same time my roomie was. It turns out the smoke wasn't just smoke, it was highly toxic smoke. 5 more minutes and we would have been dead, or at least unconscious which would have resulted in the same thing because of the ridiculously ineffective methods of accounting for people - that's really going to have to change.

I now really hope they get kicked out for this, and if they bring the police in you won't see them getting any sympathy from me.
Old 02-20-2003, 01:33 PM   #9
Red Princess
thread soiler

i am also glad you are ok, there are some kinds of excitement we can all live without

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: