ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > DEBATE HALL
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2005, 05:01 PM   #1
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Bannage standards? Ze?

So I have to ask...

Is it just me or does it seem extreme that rather than my post (or even just the ghastly image) being deleted, I got banned from the board without even a PM or a warning of any kind from Ze? All I found after I discovered I still had private message capability, and my first clue that something was wrong, was a PM from Frieda saying get rid of the image...given that I'm an over 2 year member with fairly good standing and overall mostly respectful behavior on the board (recent embarassing rant excepted)?

Whats up with that Ze?!

And whats up with this Ze?:

AntiMatter Posted offensive, irritating, argumentative shite and spammed for weeks b4 banning.

Malarky/Blue Spammed board, disrupted community, and Enraged many members for months...Not banned.

MoN...In midst of serious and personal argument threatened to hire hit man to drive Coffee off of board... blurb about not threatening violence unnless in jest added to FAQs...Not banned

Coffee...1 offensive image...Immediate bannage, no warning.

Got standards?

edit to add...
I don't want to sound like over reacting, I wasn't upset once I found out what happend...I realize I wasn't "deleted' from the board, only that my posting priviliges were temporarilly suspended...but my point is, where was the "whats up coffee?" from Ze?

Last edited by Coffee : 08-14-2005 at 05:23 PM.
Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 06:22 PM   #2
zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee
Malarky.... Not banned

don't you ever, ever presume to compare yourself to my friend mark grey!!

in my opinion ze was perfectly correct in withdrawing posting rights instantly and without question from any user, you included, who caused us to set eyes on the utterly despicable image in your post.
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:37 PM   #3
Gatsby
I used to be a girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero
who caused us to set eyes on the utterly despicable image in your post.
It could have happened to any one of us just as easily, what with the image-linking that occurs on this board. Any uncouth website hoster could switch images resulting in an inadvertent, inappropriate image link.

But for the grace of God, there goes I. Or you. Or any one of us.
Gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 07:39 PM   #4
JesusTitties

who cares?
JesusTitties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:56 PM   #5
zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby
It could have happened to any one of us just as easily...

not quite

i think that to some extent the likelihood of it happening to someone will vary according to the grubbiness of whatever image they initially post
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 10:32 PM   #6
Avalon

pfft Mr. Clean
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.
Groucho Marx

Last edited by Avalon : 08-14-2005 at 10:40 PM.
Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 11:27 PM   #7
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

Heh. I was reminded of the time when I tried to start a "rebus story" thread, and had serious concerns that zero had Tourette's because every second post said, "**** YOU!" from some angry image hoster.

The likelihood that you'll get swapped for a vile image probably has most to do with how much bandwidth theft pisses off its victim. However, one can't help but think that images taken from Good Housekeeping pages, even in retaliation, are less likely to be as "grubby" as the one we (most unfortunately) were subjected to. So yes, it might not hurt to look at where you're getting your images from, or just host them yourself if you are at all in doubt (it's so easy to do now, and free).

The other instances with the users mentioned and this one are apples/oranges: Ze has a specific guideline about offensive images, though without a specific consequence outlined -- caveat emptor. He has no specific guidelines about posting excessively, having an overly intrusive manner, or wishing death on other users.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:50 AM   #8
zefrank
-------------

i didn't ban you. i revoked your posting priveleges until i figured out what was going on.

posting f-cked images is the only thing i am not cool with in a blanket way.
zefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:15 AM   #9
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Yes, I know...but why didn't you just delete the image and/or the post and Ask, instead of denying posting rights immediately? ...esp. since there were no other posts that would indicate a new and totaly uncharacteristic tendency by Coffee to post obviously and unquestionably offensive and disgusting images.

It's sort of a "just how little trust have I established on this board" kind of question.

P.s.
Why is my darkroom access still off???
Old 08-15-2005, 02:33 AM   #10
zefrank
-------------

first i thought that someone had hacked your account. i turned it off so no more images would be posted. i figured you would contact me when you were available and on the board again, instead of me waiting for your reply.

in terms of a what's up email other members of the board are equally responsible for letting you know that the image was offensive to them...

you have my trust in general - as everyone does - that's why i keep the board generally open and unmoderated...but the post was there...and it was in a thread where the image was not totally out of the blue...and unlike your other examples, a passerby can immediately get offended without knowing anything about board dynamics, politics, etc...which i think is more out of my realm in terms of moderation.

do you feel slighted? i don't think you should.
zefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:08 AM   #11
rmr

Quote:
So I have to ask...

Is it just me or does it seem extreme that rather than my post (or even just the ghastly image) being deleted, I got banned from the board without even a PM or a warning of any kind from Ze? All I found after I discovered I still had private message capability, and my first clue that something was wrong, was a PM from Frieda saying get rid of the image...given that I'm an over 2 year member with fairly good standing and overall mostly respectful behavior on the board (recent embarassing rant excepted)?

Whats up with that Ze?!

And whats up with this Ze?:

AntiMatter Posted offensive, irritating, argumentative shite and spammed for weeks b4 banning.

Malarky/Blue Spammed board, disrupted community, and Enraged many members for months...Not banned.

MoN...In midst of serious and personal argument threatened to hire hit man to drive Coffee off of board... blurb about not threatening violence unnless in jest added to FAQs...Not banned

Coffee...1 offensive image...Immediate bannage, no warning.

Got standards?

edit to add...
I don't want to sound like over reacting, I wasn't upset once I found out what happend...I realize I wasn't "deleted' from the board, only that my posting priviliges were temporarilly suspended...but my point is, where was the "whats up coffee?" from Ze?
got standards? you posted (be it unintentionally) one of the most disgusting disturbing images I have ever seen. you got banned or had your posting privileges revoked until you were able to explain yourself. now you're back and everything is ok and yet you're trying to invoke some sort of "pity party parade" in your defense? get over it -- why is it so important to keep rehashing this??
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:31 AM   #12
topcat
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmr
got standards? you posted (be it unintentionally) one of the most disgusting disturbing images I have ever seen. you got banned or had your posting privileges revoked until you were able to explain yourself. now you're back and everything is ok and yet you're trying to invoke some sort of "pity party parade" in your defense? get over it -- why is it so important to keep rehashing this??
i am asking you the same thing

This is an internet bulletin board.

Nothing more. Nothing less
topcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:48 AM   #13
Coffee
Cheeses Save

Actually, and possibly obviously, I did feel slighted.

Your PM reply; "you didn't mean to post an image of a guy spreading his asshole?" to my "What happened to my account" PM query to you, read to me as if you had thought there was a possiblity I had posted that thing...I was already by that time of the opinion that several members believed I had posted it intentionaly.

But I'm good with the explaination of removing post rights if your perspective of the situation at first was that you believed my account might have been hacked. I made it clear through my not so shadowy puppet Espresso that it was a mistake, not intentional, and not a hacker...and you positively verified lack of intent to be offensive...Sounds reasonable.

Funny/frustrating sometimes how misunderstandings happen through word choices...and how we percieve them: You know; "I thought your account was hacked...just verifying that you didn't mean to post that image, Ze", would have eliminated this whole thread.
And...if I hadn't have posted "Have a big one!" under that accidental image...this might not have happened either.

And then we would have missed this chance to spend quality time together Ze.

Peace.
Coffee.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:00 AM   #14
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
And...if I hadn't have posted "Have a big one!" under that accidental image...this might not have happened either.
THAT was the part that made me go wtf?
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:31 AM   #15
Frieda
in limbo

it was a pretty big one wasn't it?

glad all is cleared up!

oh yeah
Frieda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: