ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 190 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 04-22-2005, 01:45 PM   #196
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

habromania - the insane preference for playing with children's toys while sporting a stuffed nose
(subtle?)

Last edited by funkytuba : 04-23-2005 at 07:00 AM.
funkytuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 02:29 AM   #197
Ms Robbie
Born-again smartass

habromania -- an out-of-control desire for physical contact with others. (From the Biblical name Habakkuk: to “embrace” or “wrestle.”)
Old 04-24-2005, 09:30 PM   #198
Smartypants
MR. Smartypants to you.

Location: Oh, YOU PEOPLE go ahead and call it "Frisco." See if I care.
Sorry for the time lag, boys and girls -- I'm on the road. I use this as the excuse for both providing a lame word AND being brief with my bestowal of praise.

The real deal: Habromania = insanity featuring cheerful delusions.

Having just left Chicago where the ass-freezing cold made for a constantly stuffed and runny nose while visiting friends with toy-wielding kids, I award an empathic first prize to Funky, because I believe Chicago is filled with exactly his brand of habromaniacs.

Honorable mentions to all other clever participants.

Take it away Tuba boy...

"I don't think God wants us to believe in him. If he wanted us to believe in him he'd do something about it -- like exist perhaps!" --Linda Smith
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:38 PM   #199
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

yay.. thanky, smarty,

next word:

cunctation

Go for it --
judging will be.... whenever I feel like it.... or around on Wednesday-ish. Which Wednesday is intentionally left ambiguous

Last edited by funkytuba : 04-24-2005 at 10:41 PM.
funkytuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:47 AM   #200
xfox
slightly effective

cunctation n. - a form of vacation.
xfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 01:20 AM   #201
Smartypants
MR. Smartypants to you.

Location: Oh, YOU PEOPLE go ahead and call it "Frisco." See if I care.
cunctation - a prison rite of passage for newly incarcerated male inmates, sexual in nature, involving a bar of soap and a not-insignificant degree of violence, generally underappreciated by the subject of the initiation.

"I don't think God wants us to believe in him. If he wanted us to believe in him he'd do something about it -- like exist perhaps!" --Linda Smith
Smartypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:40 AM   #202
Ms Robbie
Born-again smartass

cunctation -- a small, edible sea creature that takes its own sweet time getting from the boiling pot to the plate.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:10 PM   #203
Brynn
constantly amazed

cunctation (n.)
1ad ocum entco mpletel ybereftofpu ntua tionthathasbe ens ubmi tte dino rde rt obuy asm al lamo un toft imet hro ugh deliberateobfuscation o ft hem ess ag ewhi lefa cts arech eckedor ch ec ksar efa xed2any ineffe cti vea ctofdes pera tionwh atsoe ver
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:13 PM   #204
Brynn
constantly amazed

cunctation : (n.) a letter dictated to one's best friend to be sent anonymously to the lying ***** who stole your boyfriend.
Brynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:22 AM   #205
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

cunctation: The not uncommon practice of pronouncing a silent c when trying to make use of words not fully grasped by the speaker, i.e. indict.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:44 AM   #206
zenbabe
Lollypop!

cunctation:
*verb*

The act of winning a word game for "Not even going there".

-Dr. Seuss
zenbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:49 AM   #207
Marcus Bales

Location: In a coign of the cliff between lowland and highland, at the sea-down's edge between windward and lee, walled round with rocks as an inland island, the ghost of a garden fronts the sea.
cunctation - found in the Gospel of St John, the Cunctation (Canticle of John) is the fourth in the sequence of the great Canticles of the New Testament, the other three being the Magnificat (Canticle of Mary) the Benedictus (Canticle of Zachary), and the Nunc Dimittis (Canticle of Luke).

All four are styled the "Evangelical Canticles". The title is formed from the opening words in the Latin Vulgate, Cunctation conlige suspectos semper habitos ("Wait a minute, round up the usual suspects"), as is the Nunc dimittis Nunc dimittis servum tuum, Domine ("Now thou dost dismiss thy servant, O Lord" etc.).
Old 04-28-2005, 01:52 AM   #208
trisherina
meretricious dilettante

^^show-off
Old 04-29-2005, 05:00 AM   #209
funkytuba
Spone to Proonerisms

cunc·ta·tion (kungk-ta'sh?n)
n.
Procrastination; delay.
[Latin cunctatio, cunctation-, from cunctatus, past participle of cunctari, to delay.]
Usage: FunkyTuba is guilty of some serious cunctation when it comes to judging these Dictionary game thingers.

For MsRobbie, the "Best Meta-Definition Definition" award
cunctation -- a small, edible sea creature that takes its own sweet time getting from the boiling pot to the plate.

Brynn gets two awards: the "I Wish The Germans Had Used This Crypto Method In WWII" award and the "Tell Me How You Really Feel" award for, respectively:
cunctation (n.)
1 a document completely bereft of puntuation that has been submitted in order to buy a small amount of time through deliberate obfuscation of the message while facts are checked or checks are faxed
2 any ineffective act of desperation whatsoever

and
cunctation : (n.) a letter dictated to one's best friend to be sent anonymously to the lying ***** who stole your boyfriend.

Trisherina gets the "Most Plausible-Sounding Award"
cunctation: The not uncommon practice of pronouncing a silent c when trying to make use of words not fully grasped by the speaker, i.e. indict.

To Zenbabe goes the "Lame Attempt At Pre-Determining The Outcome Which The Judge Saw Right Through" award.
cunctation: *verb* The act of winning a word game for "Not even going there".

The "Not Quite Pseudo-Cathologic And Just A Little Too Long" award goes to Marcus Bales for his contribution in novella form:
cunctation - found in the Gospel of St John, the Cunctation (Canticle of John) is the fourth in the sequence of the great Canticles of the New Testament, the other three being the Magnificat (Canticle of Mary) the Benedictus (Canticle of Zachary), and the Nunc Dimittis (Canticle of Luke).
All four are styled the "Evangelical Canticles". The title is formed from the opening words in the Latin Vulgate, Cunctation conlige suspectos semper habitos ("Wait a minute, round up the usual suspects"), as is the Nunc dimittis Nunc dimittis servum tuum, Domine ("Now thou dost dismiss thy servant, O Lord" etc.).

SmartyPants gets the "Best Explanation Of What He Was Really Doing While On The Road Award"
cunctation - a prison rite of passage for newly incarcerated male inmates, sexual in nature, involving a bar of soap and a not-insignificant degree of violence, generally underappreciated by the subject of the initiation.

First place and the "Sniggering Doubletake" award goes to Fox who made me think a bit before laughing out loud at:
cunctation n. - a form of vacation.

Show us whatcha got, xFoxy!
Old 04-29-2005, 05:45 AM   #210
Willow Sylph
monkey

Okay, Fox. We're waaaaiting...
Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say.... "Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG! Zoom-Boing! Z'nourrwringmm!"
Willow Sylph is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: