ZEFRANK.COM - message board  

Go Back   ZEFRANK.COM - message board > FICTION PROJECT > Questions, Suggestions, Favorite Lines
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What day of the week works best?
Sunday 1 6.67%
Monday 0 0%
Tuesday 1 6.67%
Wednesday 0 0%
Thursday 0 0%
Friday 3 20.00%
Saturday 10 66.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2002, 09:44 PM   #16
zefrank
-------------

sounds good m.o.n

looking in to best way to approach it.

standby....
zefrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 09:46 PM   #17
masterofNone
________

'kay
masterofNone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2002, 01:37 AM   #18
oldsoul2002
monkey

Hi. How organized is this going to be? Will there be a sign up process? Will there be several different genre's/setting's/timeframes that the stor(y)(ies) will take place in? Like in theatresports, we could do a western with a fixed set of characters, or sci-fi, or 60's highschoolthriller...
I just feel that some sort of focus like this might draw more, i dunno, make it better anyways...thoughts?
oldsoul2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 02:03 PM   #19
frykitty

Talking Blogathon.org here.

Hi everyone!

Thought I'd pop in and participate since Ze contacted me about sharing the blogathon code.

I've run two blogathons, so feel free to pick my brain.

I notice everyone is debating start times. After a lot of debate, we found the best time for everyone worldwide was Saturday, 6am pacific. It's still hard on the Aussies though, so it depends on your mix.

If you'd like to take a look at what the blogathon participants have gone through, their board is here.
frykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 04:10 PM   #20
masterofNone
________

fascinating. Sounds like you folks have been through it all and learned the lessons.It would be great if we could stand on your shoulders. Leave it 'ze to find an elegant solution.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:55 AM   #21
masterofNone
________

Hey 'Ze!

When you get back from the holidaze...
can we start discussing this again?
Old 12-30-2002, 01:05 PM   #22
frykitty

An idea

If y'all don't want to go to the trouble of staging your own blogathon (and believe me, it's heaps of trouble), we could fold this into the regular 'thon as a special event of some sort. That way you wouldn't have to worry about the back end.

I'm sure there are a dozen creative ways to do this, and I'd be happy to make it a big deal.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:02 PM   #23
amanda
old s'cool

I think most of us would be happy not to make it a big deal, technically. But we would be more than happy to make it a big deal peoplewise.

I think the time should be whatever is condusive for the East Coast, rather than Pacific time. Most of the board is already attuned to the rise and fall of the East Coast flow of daily posts. I'll jump in no matter what time of day or night, and I think I'm probably (now) the most far-flung of the members who will contribute to the project.
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 05:48 PM   #24
frykitty

Times, people, etc

Well, the Blogathon starts at 6am Pacific, which is a fine starting time for the East coast at 9am. As for people--I don't think you could get bigger exposure. The 'thon has become (gratifyingly) quite the event. We raised over 50K last year, and I'd like to double that this year. We've got a great PR person, and I have high hopes. Tacking on a special event is, I think, just the thing.

Of course, it all depends upon what y'all want. March is when we start putting things together behind the scenes, so there's plenty of time to hash things out.
Old 01-01-2003, 07:36 PM   #25
zefrank
-------------

great idea...i like big deals, both in terms of people and promotion. I would love to get lots of people involved...maybe do a couple different stories at once split into teams. that way the zemonkeys could team up.

I'll give each team a blog page. each member gets all the login info. you can decide who writes when or at least an order to go in. I'll design a little logo for the pages and customize the layout.

sound good?
Old 01-01-2003, 07:53 PM   #26
masterofNone
________

Sounds very good. If there's anything I can do to help, behind the scenes, just let me know. This will give us plenty of time to sign up sponsors.

wheeeeeee!
Old 01-08-2003, 01:31 AM   #27
frykitty

Big question

This all sounds good. I don't think the organization of the writing will be important on the 'thon end. What will be important is:

What are the details of the charity? Just one for the project (this would be easiest)? One per story, or group, or however you split things?

This will determine how the project interfaces with our database, how we want to present donation buttons, etc.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:02 PM   #28
zefrank
-------------

it would be great to choose one organization. personally, i'm a huge fan of gilda's club, but also think it could be great to raise money for a domestic violence shelter. Women (and some men) often show up with their children after leaving their batterer without any financial resources. It would be great to raise some money that could be used to furnish basic quality of life items (haircuts, toys) to help them through an immensely difficult transition.

If you have an idea for a potential candidate that would be great.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:11 PM   #29
Deviate
Butt-F***ing the World

do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it-do-it!

-st.
Deviate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 10:57 PM   #30
amanda
old s'cool

Here's a suggestion: Population Media Center

Population Media Center, Inc. (PMC) is a non-profit, nongovernmental organization that works worldwide with broadcast and print media to motivate people to use family planning and effective measures to prevent AIDS and to respect equal rights for women.

PMC uses entertainment and news programming on radio and television, combined with other types of media such as print and sports promotions, to encourage delayed parenthood, the consistent use of effective methods of contraception and safe sexual behaviors, and empower women to play equal roles in family decisions and society.

Why PMC is unique
Uses a Whole Society Strategy and sophisticated audience research methods.
Uses multiple media to target the message exactly to local and regional audiences.
Focuses its efforts in countries and regions with the highest need.
Supports local producers and writers to create indigenous programs.
Works with national and local broadcasters to air locally-produced programs.

When there is uncertainity, post a poll.

Last edited by amanda : 01-08-2003 at 10:59 PM.
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: