Old 09-20-2006, 11:35 PM   #16
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

I don't know!!!!
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:11 AM   #17
LeahDear
monkey

Sorry, I know that my post seemed stupid. Just wasn't sure if it was a theoretical question or if you really had checked out his myspace.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:21 AM   #18
tayker
Dewey Oxburger

Why would a person want to look at an ex's Myspace page? Would that be creepy or clingy?
tayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:07 AM   #19
LeahDear
monkey

I don't think there's anything wrong with looking up an ex... maybe I am creepy.. who cares?

Have you never thought about an ex and wondered what they're up to?
Old 09-21-2006, 08:19 AM   #20
tayker
Dewey Oxburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahDear
I don't think there's anything wrong with looking up an ex... maybe I am creepy.. who cares?

Have you never thought about an ex and wondered what they're up to?
Being honest, and not trying to be snarky, when I was younger and had less self-confidence, yes, I did think about my ex and how her life was going.

Like you said, who cares? Even about what I think? I was just throwing my 2 pennies in.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:22 AM   #21
LeahDear
monkey

^^^ no worries

Without wanting to sound rude... what does being young and having less self-confidence got to do with wondering about someone that you once shared a big part of your life with?

Have you never seen/read/heard something that just reminded you of that person and wondered what they're up to?

Last edited by LeahDear : 09-21-2006 at 08:25 AM.
LeahDear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:45 AM   #22
tayker
Dewey Oxburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeahDear
^^^ no worries

Without wanting to sound rude... what does being young and having less self-confidence got to do with wondering about someone that you once shared a big part of your life with?

Have you never seen/read/heard something that just reminded you of that person and wondered what they're up to?
Not rude to me, I like honesty, even if it hurts.

I equate young to being inexperienced. Regardless of a person's argument, it's rare that a young person already knows everything. I'm 38 and I know that I don't know everything. That being said, the only reasons I "cared" about following an ex's life was for a couple reasons:
1. Because I wanted to know if she was as hurt as I was about the break-up.
2. Because I hoped she would find someone that was bad and hoped she'd realize how much of a catch I was.
Stepping outside of myself, those are pretty pathetic reasons and I know if I ever met someone like that, I wouldn't date them. So I had to think about why I would be like that. I found out that even though I knew my capabilities, I didn't have confidence to back them up.

The only people that I ever wondered what they were up to were people I really respected or held some place in my heart. I have yet to find an ex that held a piece of my heart or respected. But that's me.

Last edited by tayker : 09-21-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:15 AM   #23
rmr

Last edited by rmr : 09-12-2021 at 03:33 PM. Reason: ,
rmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 09:17 AM   #24
Audreyvgs
Blue's Clues

After 9/11 i got in touch with a lot of my old friends. It changed things, how i thought about the feeling that i'd actually see people again. and thank god for email, as snail mail and i have never gotten along.

I consider myself to be the least sentimental person i've ever met.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:44 AM   #25
auntie aubrey
excursions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayker
...the only reasons I "cared" about following an ex's life was for a couple reasons:
1. Because I wanted to know if she was as hurt as I was about the break-up.
2. Because I hoped she would find someone that was bad and hoped she'd realize how much of a catch I was.
then this sounds like you've got your own personal issues to address. perhaps acknowledge that others may be far less vindictive than you.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:32 PM   #26
tayker
Dewey Oxburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie aubrey
then this sounds like you've got your own personal issues to address. perhaps acknowledge that others may be far less vindictive than you.
Your for got the rest of the quote. Here:
Quote:
Stepping outside of myself, those are pretty pathetic reasons and I know if I ever met someone like that, I wouldn't date them. So I had to think about why I would be like that. I found out that even though I knew my capabilities, I didn't have confidence to back them up.
It's best to read things completely to gather the context of what a person is saying before jumping to a conclusion. Otherwise, that would be a "knee jerk" reaction and those are always messy...IMO. Whew! So far, I don't have to decorate my vacuum cleaner.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:12 PM   #27
lapietra
half baked

Nowadays, it's hard to stay away from information about people you've known. I think it's better to proactively look at it than to have it spring up, unannounced, and sock you in the gut (or not). I look up exes and old friends that I'm no longer in touch with on the internet regularly. I think it's just being interested in people. I've discovered some really great things that way... Of course - sometimes I discover things that make my stomach feel all funny... It's hard when, for example, a former classmate is further along in their career than I am - but I guess it's good to learn the lesson of not trying to compare myself to them.
It's just human nature to be interested. Just don't hurt yourself with the info.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:01 PM   #28
priceyfatprude
girthy pickles

Quote:
Why would a person want to look at an ex's Myspace page? Would that be creepy or clingy?
He has been asking me to join myspace for over 3 years. So I'd say neither creepy nor clingy, just extremely late to the party.
priceyfatprude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:09 PM   #29
rmr

Last edited by rmr : 09-12-2021 at 03:41 PM. Reason: .
Old 09-21-2006, 04:10 PM   #30
rmr

Last edited by rmr : 09-12-2021 at 03:32 PM. Reason: .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: